Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] B744V with C127 no depth reading
02-04-18, 04:24 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-18 05:25 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] B744V with C127 no depth reading
Please help me with getting a depth reading. Setup now and when I bought our Californian 45: C127 and Airmar Triducer B744V with no box between the two except a junction box with two bus bars inside, so no DSM or other sounder module. I will sound like an idiot asking this question, but here goes...I want to confirm that the only way to get a depth reading using a B744V and C127 is a sounder module between the two? If so, which model would be best?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-18, 10:00 AM
RE: [CA] B744V with C127 no depth reading
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum TorridSRV,

Depth is one of the features supported by a fishfinding device. As indicated within the FAQ found here, the B744V belongs to a family of transducers, the version of which that is presently installed onboard the boat may or may not be compatible with the internal fishfinder circuitry of the c127 MFD installed onboard the vessel. However, as indicated within the FAQ found here, Raymarine does not support modifications, splices to transducers cables (to include junction boxes), or adaptation of third party fishfinder transducers for use with Raymarine fishfinding products. Should the B744V be operational, but not be supported by the MFD's internal fishfinder circuitry, then any of the following options may be used to added depth data to the system:
Unfortunately, Raymarine does not offer CHIRP/DownVison transducers which feature a speed through water transducer. However, it is possible to interface the MFD to any one of the following to add Speed through the water data to the system:
- interface the MFD and transducer to an i40 Depth or i40 Bidata Instrument (requires SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter)
- Interface the transducer to an iTC-5 Analog Instrument Converter and then interface the iTC-5 to an i70S MFID and to the MFD.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply