Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] Dragon fly pro 7 sonar chart uploading
02-08-18, 05:27 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-18 09:40 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG] Dragon fly pro 7 sonar chart uploading
Just learning to use sonar chart logging.
QU.. Can I use my AUSTRALIAN N/Z Navionics Gold card to record Sonar logs onto .
Will the sonar logging over ride what is on the Gold Card.
OR will it set up a different set of files?

Regards. John
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-13-18, 07:52 PM
RE: [TG] Dragon fly pro 7 sonar chart uploading
Hello Rheo,

Yes, your Dragonfly 7 Pro can create sonar logs on your Navionics AU-NZ chart card. The Dragonfly displays aren't powerful enough to do SonarCharts Live (new contours created on the screen as you motor along) like the bigger displays can, but when you connect your chart card to your PC to do a chart update through http://www.navionics.com, the Sonar Logs are uploaded to Navionics (this is optional.) Sonar logs are stored separately from chart data and won't override or overwrite it.

Navionics use the Sonar Logs that you and other users provide to refine the chart data, which you then receive as updated chart data when you go to do a chart update in perhaps a couple of weeks' time.

In order to update sonar logs to Navionics or download updates, your chart needs to have a current Navionics Plus subscription. New retail charts are eligible for a 12-month subscription, after which there's a relatively small annual renewal fee through the Navionics online chart store.

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply