Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] ST 60 GPS speed, Max Sea
02-13-18, 01:27 AM (This post was last modified: 02-13-18 09:20 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] ST 60 GPS speed, Max Sea
My equipment is ST 60 instruments and the course computer S2 smart pilot I want to know if it is possible tot see the speed of the GPS in the tridata ST60, if it is possible how i have to connect them, diagram.How can i see all the figures in the MaxSea program?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-13-18, 09:19 AM (This post was last modified: 02-13-18 09:19 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] ST 60 GPS speed, Max Sea
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum jdemoragas,

Unlike the ST60+ Tridata Instrument, the firmware of the ST60 Tridata Instrument does not feature a Speed Select configuration setting (permits the instrument to display SOG instead of speed) within its Dealer Calibration configuration settings.

Regarding how to interface a computer to SeaTalk instruments and autopilot, an E85001 PC/SeaTalk/NMEA 0183 data bridge would have been recommended in the past ... however, this device was retired many years ago and NMEA 0183 had some weaknesses. Instead, you may want to consider installation of a E22158 SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit. Doing so will essentially permit the ST-STng Converter to function as a SeaTalk to NMEA 2000 data bridge. Then an Actisense NGT-1 would then be used to interface the ST-STng Converter to the PC's USB port.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply