Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Networking Existing eSeries MFDs w/Axiom Pro
02-16-18, 02:19 PM (This post was last modified: 02-16-18 04:44 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Networking Existing eSeries MFDs w/Axiom Pro
I have two eSeries 15.4 (helm) and one eSeries 7 (deck). I was told by Mike Surdyk from Raymarine at the Seattle Boat Show (Tuesday 1/30) that I would be able to swap the eSeries 7 with an Axiom Pro 9 (w/RV-100 RealVisionâ„¢ 3D Transom Mount Transducer) and the MFDs would be able network with one another specifically I would be able to see RealVisionâ„¢ 3D from my eSeries helm MFDs.

I bought the Axiom Pro and RV100 transducer last week but am now reading contradicting information concerning networking legacy MFDs operating on Lighthouse 2 with the new MFDs operating on Lighthouse 3.

Q1: Is this possible to network the new Axiom unit to see RealVisionâ„¢ 3D from my eSeries helm MFDs?

Q2: If not and I want to maintain my current 1kw transducer or even upgrade to a 2kw transducer (Airmar R109LH) and also see the RealVisionâ„¢ 3D, what are my options? Upgrade the legacy MFDs to gS Series 15.4s or Axiom Pro 16s? Also comment on compatibility with other equipment.

Current Equipment: Two eSeries 15.4 (helm) and one eSeries 7 (deck), CP470, Evolution Autopilot/Control Head, Airmar B265LH transducer, Ray60 VHF, Raymarine HD Open Array radar and SeatalkNG backbone.

Thank you
-Troy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-16-18, 02:48 PM (This post was last modified: 02-16-18 04:44 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Networking Existing eSeries MFDs w/Axiom Pro
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum saharit,

It appears that there may have been an unfortunate misunderstanding As indicated within the FAQ found here, during development of LightHouse v3.3, the a/c/e-Series MFDs were found to have insufficient processing power to support the processing requirements of LightHouse 3 software. In contrast, the eS/gS-Series MFDs have sufficient processing power to at least permit them to support LightHouse v3.3.170 and quite possibly the next 2-3 LightHouse 3 software updates. According, LightHouse 3 software may only be installed on eS/gS-Series MFDs and Axiom MFDs.

Q1: Is this possible to network the new Axiom unit to see RealVisionâ„¢ 3D from my eSeries helm MFDs?
A1. Unfortunately, it is not possible to do so.

Q2: If not and I want to maintain my current 1kw transducer or even upgrade to a 2kw transducer (Airmar R109LH) and also see the RealVisionâ„¢ 3D, what are my options? Upgrade the legacy MFDs to gS Series 15.4s or Axiom Pro 16s? Also comment on compatibility with other equipment.
A2. It would be recommended that another Axiom Pro MFD (S or RVX) be installed rather than a gS-Series MFD to maximize the number of future software updates that the MFDs will be compatible with. Axiom Pro RVX MFDs are designed to support being simultaneously interfaced to a RV transducer and to one of the following:
- a 600W or 1kW 50kHz / 200kHz transducer which had been designed to be directly interfaced to a CP370, CP300, DSM300, DSM30, or DSM300
- a 1kW or 2kW CHIRP transducer(s) which had been designed to be directly interfaced to a CP470/CP570. Note that the maximum power output will be 1kW in this configuration. Should 2kW power be required, then it would be recommended that the system feature a CP470 or CP570.

Note: Should a second Axiom Pro MFD (S or RVX) added to the system, then it would typically be recommend that the RV transducer be interfaced to one of the MFDs and that the 50kHz/200kHz or 1kw/2kW CHIRP transducer be interfaced to the second MFD. Doing so would permit 600' High CHIRP conical sonar from the RV transducer to additionally be viewed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply