Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] RV-300 Transducer and ST60 Tridata
02-26-18, 03:26 PM (This post was last modified: 02-26-18 04:36 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] RV-300 Transducer and ST60 Tridata
I bought the Axiom 12, have ST60 wind and Tridata instruments connected through the Seatalk converter. My question is, Will the ST60 Tridata receive depth info from the RV-300 transducer? It is possible, if I had to, keep the existing DSM- 300 and add the new RV-300, but I'd rather not have another [censored] in my boat. 1 more question, Does the RV-300 need to be mounted to the boat's center line? Current [censored] is about 8" to port.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-18, 04:34 PM
RE: [CA] RV-300 Transducer and ST60 Tridata
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Joljaz,

Q1. I bought the Axiom 12, have ST60 wind and Tridata instruments connected through the Seatalk converter. My question is, Will the ST60 Tridata receive depth info from the RV-300 transducer?
A1. Should the Axiom 12 MFD which you have referenced be an Axiom 12 RV MFD, which has been interfaced to a RV transducer or RV transducer pair such as the RV-300, then the interfaced ST60 Tridata which you have referenced should indeed be capable of receiving and displaying depth data determined by the Axiom 12 RV MFD.

Q2. It is possible, if I had to, keep the existing DSM- 300 and add the new RV-300, but I'd rather not have another [censored] in my boat.
A2. While it is possible to adapt a transducer which was designed for use with a DSM300 to instead be used with an Axiom RV MFD, it would not be possible for the MFD to support RealVision 3D sonar, SideVision Sonar, or DownVision sonar imaging unless a RV transducer is installed on the vessel.

Q3. Does the RV-300 need to be mounted to the boat's center line?
A3. Should the hull have no deadrise in the selected installation location, then it should not matter. However, should the vessel have deadrise in the selected installation location, then offsetting the transducer as you have indicated would not be recommended. In cases where the hull has deadrise within the installation location, it would be recommended that a RV transducer pair (designed to accommodate the hull's deadrise) be installed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply