Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raypilot 650 Control Head
05-29-18, 06:42 PM
Raypilot 650 Control Head
Installed a Vulcan 7FS plotter....have a Raypilot 650 control head (seatalk) connected to a Yacht Devices seatalk-0183 converter, then to an Actisense NGW-1 0183 to 2000 converter....goes into network and plotter...plotter “sees” the rudder deflection, but will not discover the autopilot. Any suggestions? If it won’t work...any recommendations on a new control head and converter cables needed? Is it that simple...or would I need to replace everything except for the hydraulic drive?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-30-18, 02:29 PM
RE: Raypilot 650 Control Head
mbjezior,

Please note that the subject autopilot is no longer supported. That said, I wouldn't expect that the autopilot would be discovered by a Raymarine chartplotter or a third party chartplotter. When interfaced in the manner which you have specified, I woudl expect that the third party chartplotter should be capable of supplying navigational and steering data to the autopilots to support use of the autopilot's Track mode feature. The chartplotter will initiate communications of such data when navigation (Go To Waypoint / Cursor Position or Follow Route) has been commanded through the chartplotter's user interface. The autopilot may then be commanded into Track mode via the autopilot's control head.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply