Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(DG) Installation instructions for the SmartController
02-28-18, 08:04 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-18 05:38 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
(DG) Installation instructions for the SmartController
OK, I give up. Where have you hidden the Docs for installing the SmartController? I can't find them on the site.

Thanks,

Barry
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-18, 05:57 AM (This post was last modified: 03-01-18 05:58 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: (DG) Installation instructions for the SmartController
Hi TributeJ42

Thankyou for your enquiry

There is a link click here for the operation handbook which contains instructions on how to register the handset to the base station.

I have also attached the installation sheet that is supplied with the smartcontroller

Regards

Attached File(s)
.pdf  smartcontroller install guide 87042-2-EN.pdf (Size: 595.06 KB / Downloads: 9361)
03-05-18, 08:48 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-18 07:05 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks, Derek. I have all the docs you sent but am still confused. I just installed a new autopilot system with the ACU 400 on a Seatalk NG network. Can I hook the SmartController up to it? It seems that the SmartController is for an earlier network.

Thanks,

Barry
03-06-18, 07:09 AM
Hi Barry,

The Smartcontroller is designed to connect direct to SeaTalk, so to connect it to an Evolution autopilot you will need to use a SeaTalk to STng converter.

Please refer to this link for more details about the converter connections.

thanks
05-06-18, 03:23 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-18 10:56 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Derek, still confused by this.

First, I assume that that the D10 Pod is not necessary for my install. Please confirm.

The RF Base has a SeaTalk connection at one end and three wires at the base end (Red, Yellow and Black).

Looking at the SeaTalk to STng converter, I do not see a way to hook the RF Base to the converter. It would seem that I need a cable that replaces the one currently hooked up to the base that connects to the yellow port on the converter.

Can you further elaborate on how I hook up the RF base to the STng system?

Thanks,

Barry
05-08-18, 07:26 AM
HI Barry,

The DIO interface is not needed in your installation, it is only used when the boat has the Beneteau assisted Docking installed.

The Seatalk from the base station is connected to the STng Spur cable with the Yellow plug on the end , Red to red, Yellow to Yellow and Black to Shield ( or screen as it is sometimes called)

Thanks
05-12-18, 02:37 PM (This post was last modified: 05-14-18 10:56 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Derek, looking at the Seatalk to STng converter kit, the spur cable has a yellow ng connector on one end and a Seatalk connector on the other. Am I supposed to cut the Seatalk end off exposing the red, yellow and black wires you mention or is there another cable I need to purchase that has the wires?

Thanks,

Barry
05-14-18, 12:16 PM
Hi TributeJ42

Yes - cut the SeaTalk plug off to reveal the Red, yellow and Black SeaTalk wires.

regards
Derek
05-16-18, 02:21 PM (This post was last modified: 05-16-18 03:37 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Now it makes sense! Thanks!
05-17-18, 07:01 AM
Hi,

pleased to be able to help!

all the best
Derek