Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(DG) Axiom transducer selection
03-02-18, 05:53 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-18 07:57 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
(DG) Axiom transducer selection
I have an axiom 9 rv. I am looking at the pair of plastic thru hull transducers. My boat is a bayliner 2859. Specs say it has a 15degree deadrise. As i look at different sites to purchase they show the 1 to 12 degree and 13 to 20 degree choices. But on the raymarine site it says to choose the ones that are within + or - 6 degrees. So it looks like either set will work??? I want to be sure before purchasing.

What do you recommend?

Thanks for your time!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-05-18, 08:01 AM
RE: (DG) Axiom transducer selection
Dear dsketch
Thank you for your enquiry.

In general it is better to try to keep within the centrlaband of the angles and so in your case we would recommend using the RV220 pair.
regards
03-11-18, 04:30 PM
I currently have the old pathfinder system at the fly ridge and the helm.
I want to add an Axiom 9 MFD independent of the other system for maps, sonar, and AIS. What thru hull transducer do I buy to get basic fish finding, maybe temp, that will not interfere with my existing 200 kHz transducer?
Tom
03-12-18, 05:45 AM
Hi tomlyng

Thank you for your enquiry.

Probably the best option is to go for the AXIOM 9 DV variant and use the CPT-S style of transducer, this will not interfere with your current 200kHz Transducer, due to the interference rejection system we use.
Regards
03-24-18, 04:44 PM
I was thinking of using the rv-320 plastic transducers for my fibreglass hull. I am hearing from the dealers that there has been a problem with these in production?

The bronze are quite a bit more expensive. Will the 320 be available sometime soon? What has been the issue with them?

Thanks for your time!
03-26-18, 05:25 AM
Hi dsketch

We are currently not seeing the quality of finish that we would expect from our suppliers and so are working with them to improve the moulding process.

At this time we do not have an availability date, I can only suggest to keep an eye on our website for further updates.

regards