Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
updated, missing Raystar 130 data
03-30-16, 06:25 PM
updated, missing Raystar 130 data
I just updated to version 16.47 and also updated the Acu 200 1.13to its latest version within 10 minutes my Raystar 130 is no longer being received on my E165. The autopilots working perfectly also on seatalkNg. either I have really bad luck and just lost my Raystar 130 order some kind of a conflict. The Raystar also running 3.03

The Gps selection on Gps does see the Rs130, Auto is selected. But NO GPS on bottom bar.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-31-16, 09:16 AM
RE: updated, missing Raystar 130 data
Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Oregoncme,

Please note that no other reports of this issue have been received and that the RS130s within our systems, as well as that on my own boat (updated with v16.47 software over the weekend (ACU and RS130 software updated as well)) have been functioning properly following the update.

It is recommended that your ensure that:
- the SeaTalkng backbone has been powered ON ... MFD's do not supply power to the SeaTalkng backbone. If uncertain which circuit is supplying power to the SeaTalkng backbone, then all of the marine electronics circuits should be powered ON.
- verify that the Data Master MFD is communicating with the SeaTalkng backbone and the RS130 ... use the command sequence HOME->SET-UP->MAINTENANCE->DIAGNOSTICS->SELECT DEVICE to display the list of all devices which the MFD has detected as being interfaced to the MFD via Ethernet (SeaTalkhs) and SeaTalkng (STng).
- Should the RS130 be listed within the Devices List, then the MFD's Data Sources feature (HOME->SET-UP->SYSTEM SETTINGS->DATA SOURCES) should be utilized to manually select the RS130 to be the system's GPS sensor.
- Should the problem persist thereafter, then please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to troubleshoot a RS130 GPS sensor.
Find all posts by this user
03-31-16, 09:44 AM (This post was last modified: 03-31-16 11:08 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck, I finally figured out what the problem was yesterday after an hour and a half of realizing the GPS was not selectable in Auto (GPS selection on the plotter) rather, it was in manual and would not accept it. Strange. The fix was to turn off the Autopilot completely. Then go into e165 and then select the Raystar 130. Some reason, it was not allowing the GPS data to be selected as a viable Auto GPS source. But again, it WAS seen on the data selection. Anyway, after it was seen as an Auto choice, it was selected and perfect since. Repowered up the AP, all was well.

All I can say, everything was fine after the updates. But I was initiating a turn via the P70r root knob (quick twist), the plotter did a re-spring (turned off and it went into endless restart loop for 5-7 minutes. The ONLY WAY to clear it was a master flob reset. The issue began immediately after that.

You were spot on referring to the GPS selection. Strange the AP was causing the GPS data to be locked. Maybe next time I will restart BOTH DEVICES after performing the wifi updates.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-31-16, 11:12 AM
Oregoncme,

You may find that your system has been install in a manner such that the SeaTalkng backbone is being powered by the autopilot ACU. The ability of ACUs to power a SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 backbone is limited. A best installation practice is to switch OFF the ACU power to the SeaTalkng backbone and then power the SeaTalkng backbone via a dedicated power circuit. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
Find all posts by this user