Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(DG) Auto pilot course computer compatability
03-05-18, 03:24 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-18 07:19 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
(DG) Auto pilot course computer compatability
I have an older Autohelm Auto Pilot (AP) system with a type 300 12v computer that acts up intermittently.
Can I replace it with a SG2 computer?
The rest of my AP system consists of a type 2 hydraulic pump, ST6000/7000 control units and unknown model tiller and compass sensors.
Regards
Find all posts by this user
03-06-18, 07:40 AM
RE: (DG) Auto pilot course computer compatability
Hi Paul Erben
Thank you for your enquiry.

The older version T300 Course computer that you have is the correct version for the T2 Hydraulic drive. The S2G Computer however is limited to T1 Drives only and so will not suit the drive that you have.

You will need to get an S3G variant of the course computer, or an SPX30 variant, the current control unit, rudder position sensor and compass you have willwork with either of these two variants.

The other alternative is to update to the current evolution system, you would need to replace all the components you currently have with the exception of the T2 drive and the rudder position sensor.

This link click here refers to the evolution pilot on our website

regards
03-06-18, 03:22 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-18 05:56 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Your welcome
03-06-18, 03:24 PM
Derek,
Thanks for your response.
Regards
03-07-18, 05:56 AM
your welcome