Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(DG) P70 connect to SPX30 computer
03-06-18, 07:17 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-18 11:34 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
(DG) P70 connect to SPX30 computer
How can I connect my P70 control head to my Sea Talk network and SPX30 computer? Previous RayMarine tech advice was to cut the P70 pigtail, strip back the wire, and connect the red(+12vDC), yell(signal), and bare(-12vDC) direct to the computer. I did, and it worked... for several months. Then the P70 quit-would not turn on-so I removed it and reinstalled my old, partially "sunburned screen" ST7001. I sent the P70 back for warranty repair, (they said it was OK and returned it) and bought a P70S. Neither the P70 nor the P70S will turn on when connected(using the "Standby" button), but the old ST7001 controls the AP fine-I just can't read the entire display! How can I turn either the P70 or P70S on? Is there a different/better way to connect the head to the computer?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-18, 11:39 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-18 11:40 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: (DG) P70 connect to SPX30 computer
Hi sailcrazy

Thankyou for your enquiry.

Check that you have 12v measured across the 0volt and 12v connected to the p70? has the SeaTalk fuse blown? ( although this is odd considering the ST7001 powers up!)

Check the p70 by applying 12v directly to the red wire and 0volt directly to the screen/black wire ( depending which cable you are using, the 0volt will be the bare shield wire or the black ground wire)

If the control unit powers up and the Fuse in the computer for SeaTalk is good, then there must be a further fault within the SPX30

Have you tried both SeaTalk connections?

regards
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply