Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(DG) P70S connection to Sea Talk and SPX30 computer
03-07-18, 08:15 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-18 11:41 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
(DG) P70S connection to Sea Talk and SPX30 computer
My P70 control head suddenly would not turn on, after several weeks of good performance. It was connected to my Sea Talk network and SPX30 computer by stripping back the P70 pigtail, and connecting the red(+12vDC), bare(-12vDC), and yell(signal) wires directly to my SPX30 computer, per RayMarine Tech Advice and direction. I removed and sent the P70 in for warranty repair, and was eventually told it was OK, nothing was wrong with it, and was being returned. I had since bought a P70S control head. But when I connect either of them, the display remains blank and nothing works. There is 12v power avail at the P70 cannon plug, and continuity for the 3 wires is checked good to the computer. The Power/Standby key has no effect. My old (and partially faded screen) ST7001, however, works fine-except half of the screen is sunburned and unreadable. How do I get either the P70 or P70S to work in my system? How do I turn it On?
Find all posts by this user
03-07-18, 11:43 AM
RE: (DG) P70S connection to Sea Talk and SPX30 computer
Hi sailcrazy

Thankyou for your enquiry.

Check the p70 by applying 12v directly to the red wire and 0volt directly to the screen/black wire ( depending which cable you are using, the 0volt will be the bare shield wire or the black ground wire)

The display is turned ON/OFF by a prolonged press and hold of the STANDBY key

Thanks
03-07-18, 03:36 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-18 03:49 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks very much Derek. Changing the 12v(-) lead from the bare wire to the black wire into the control head made all the difference! Suddenly it came alive, is full functioning...and it works. Thanks again
03-08-18, 06:52 AM
Hi sailcrazy
Excellent news!

all the best wishes
Thread Closed