Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] eS Multifunction unit screen background now grey
03-07-18, 10:47 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-18 03:40 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] eS Multifunction unit screen background now grey
Last week, we were viewing our 12 inch navigation screen, and all of sudden the screen gradually changed from a white background to a grey background. The change started from the bottom and slowing panned to the top of the screen.

I have tried to reset everything, but still the screen stays grey. If I go to a blue background setting, the background is a blue - grey

What givers - how do I reset it back to white?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-18, 03:41 PM
RE: [CA] eS Multifunction unit screen background now grey
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum adfinger,

Within which of the MFD's applications are you seeing the color palette which you have referred to? Please attach a snapshot of the MFD's screen to your response.
03-09-18, 11:31 AM (This post was last modified: 03-14-18 12:52 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck, I have the color pallet set on white.
If I reset to blue, the background is blue grey.
03-12-18, 04:34 PM (This post was last modified: 03-14-18 12:52 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Attached is a PDF of the screen shot.
03-14-18, 12:56 PM (This post was last modified: 03-14-18 12:57 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
adfinger,

It is recommended that the vessel be connected to shore power, that its batteries be permitted to achieve a fully charged state, and afterwards and while still connected to shore power that the system be tested. Should the problem persist, then it is recommended that a System Settings Reset (HOME->SET-UP->MAINTENANCE->SYSTEM SETTINGS RESET) be performed to address the reported symptom. Should the problem persist then it would appear that the MFD has suffered a failure and it would then be recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.