Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(DG) Autopilot pump for Evinrude twin 300HP Etec G2's
03-07-18, 05:18 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-18 09:54 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
(DG) Autopilot pump for Evinrude twin 300HP Etec G2's
I have a customer that is looking to install an autopilot EVO system on a twin Evinrude 300 G2 system. The G2 has a built in hydraulic system with power assist. There are no external RAM's required with these motors. You just connect the hydraulic lines from the helm pump to the motors. I need some assistance in sizing the pump for twins. There is very little information on the specs or configuring there outboards for autopilot pumps. I am hoping that Raymarine or someone one the forum will be able to shed some light.

George
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-18, 10:00 AM
RE: (DG) Autopilot pump for Evinrude twin 300HP Etec G2's
Hi george123

Thankyou for your enquiry.

Unfortunately we have no feedback or infomation with regards to interfacing to Evinrude engines.

However, I have found some anecdotal information relating to the fact that Evinrude use an NMEA2000 format backbone and so an EV2, P70s combination would work. However, we do not have any fact to back this up.

regards
03-08-18, 05:18 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-18 05:32 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks I will keep looking to see if I can find information on sizing the correct pump.

George
03-09-18, 05:45 AM
Hi george123

You may likely not need a pump, the engines may be drive-by-wire, in which case the autopilot uses an EV2 sensor and this not only provides heading information, but it also controls the drive-by-wire type drive systems typically made by Volvo and Mercruiser.

regards