Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(DG) st-70 anemometer fails speed
03-07-18, 09:53 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-18 07:41 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
(DG) st-70 anemometer fails speed
Is there a quick and easy reset??

The st-70 anemometer correctly reports wind direction but speed is zero, even though the wind cups are spinning.

OTOH, earlier (before rain, snow, and cold arrived) it was working just fine.

Is there a quick and easy reset??

I've waded through the menues but haven't found one...

I'd like to know that there isn't a simple solution before I go to the expense of replacing the transducer (the "bird"). It works fine in dry sunshine, but fails speed in foul weather...

TIA Andy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-18, 08:06 AM (This post was last modified: 03-08-18 08:07 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: (DG) st-70 anemometer fails speed
Hi Alavarre

Thank you for your enquiry.

There could be two issues here,most likely though the cause is poor connections at the plug between the masthead unit and the mounting block on the top of the mast. The other cause is a faulty masthead unit.

The test detailed please click here will identify the voltages as measured in the 5 core cable running up the mast. This will indicate if the fault is in the mast cable, or at the top of the mast,or if the fault is in the pod which converts the analogue wind data to digital for the ST70s.

If you identify the voltages returning from the top of the mast are not what are expected, then the masthead transducer will need to be retrieved and investigated further.

It could be as simple as a poor connection in the socket at the top of the mast, or the masthead transducer will need to be returned for service and repair.

regards
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply