Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] third party wifi camera - to display third party wifi camera on Axiom MFD
03-08-18, 09:41 AM (This post was last modified: 03-08-18 10:05 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] third party wifi camera - to display third party wifi camera on Axiom MFD
Hi,

third party wifi camera with their app - to display third party wifi camera on Axiom MFD.

In the recent Miami International Boat Show, it was reported Axiom can pair with UAV drone as a first person display on the Axiom monitor. i.e. we can see what the 3rd party Drone's wifi camera displayed onto Axiom MFD as a first-person-view. That is impressive and just cannot wait for it!

I have tried (but failed to see the video displayed on Axiom MFD) to use the Axiom 9 with LightHouse 3.3.170 version to log into my wifi camera so I can see the video as a first-person-view.

Am I correct to assume when we get the new Lighthouse that we will have the capability to display a 3rd party wifi camera (even for a 3rd party wifi security camera) to show on Axiom screen?

Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/njfishing1 - from Captain Steve
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-18, 10:04 AM (This post was last modified: 03-08-18 10:05 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] third party wifi camera - to display third party wifi camera on Axiom MFD
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum ray18,

The currently available LightHouse 3 software (v3.3.170 at the time of this response) as well as LightHouse II software (v19.03 at the time of this response) will generally support use of Raymarine and third party IP cameras meeting specifications found within the FAQ found here. Failure of a camera to work with MFDs running LightHouse II or LightHouse 3 software are typically the result of the camera failing to meet the specifications within the referenced FAQ. No configuration settings can or need be set on the MFD other than to select the camera source.
03-08-18, 04:03 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-18 05:33 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] third party wifi camera - to display third party wifi camera on Axiom MFD
Nice, good to know and thanks. I will have to tinker with it again seeing requirement spec from Raymarine.

04-03-18, 11:36 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-18 07:53 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck, the FAQ you linked talks about hard-wired cameras only. In fact, in the past the answer to the question "can I connect my wifi camera to Axiom" was "NO, you have to hardwire".

But after Raymarine announced an ability to stream video from the drone - it does sound that some kind of streaming over wireless has been added.

Now the question is - when new Lighthouse with "drone" support is coming and where can we see docs about new wireless streaming abilities?

Thank you!

Alex
04-04-18, 07:58 AM (This post was last modified: 04-04-18 08:01 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Alex,

Please note that Drone support has not yet been included within a released LightHouse 3 software update (v3.4.66 was the latest available at the time of this response). It is currently planned for inclusion within the LightHouse 3 v3.5.x software update currently scheduled for late Q2 or early Q3 of this year. Accordingly, Wi-Fi cameras remain unsupported at this time. Should such capability be added in the future, then the corresponding version of the LightHouse 3 Advanced Operations Instructions will at that time (not in advance) provide further detail on this subject.
08-07-18, 10:49 AM (This post was last modified: 08-13-18 01:25 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Lighthouse 3.6 is out so we can stream video from wifi drone's camera to Axiom. I will be very interested if I can stream my third party camera with live view display on Axiom MFD.

We cannot fly a drone on the Potomac river in DC area so I have my wifi camera mounted on a DIY 12 feet long giant self-stick rod to film my entire boat. So, it would be a great feature if Raymarine can allow that in the future LightHouse software.

I am also trying to learn the wifi camera app setup so I can find a work around to do this.

08-13-18, 01:34 PM
ray18 ,

Thanks for the feature request. LightHouse 3 v3.6.32 communicates via a SDK specific to the supported DJI drones to support command/control and video communications. At this time, Raymarine's MFDs do not support use wireless cameras. That said, a feature request will be logged to consider such support within a future LightHouse 3 software update as well as within future MFD designs.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions.
08-13-18, 02:26 PM (This post was last modified: 08-13-18 03:02 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
ray18 ,

ok and thanks.

08-13-18, 03:02 PM
You're welcome.
08-13-19, 11:24 AM
Hi I’m looking for an update if wifi cameras can be viewed from my Axiom
As of this date?

Thanks
Glen