Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Replacing a E7 with a 9" MFD
03-09-18, 01:25 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-18 01:54 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Replacing a E7 with a 9" MFD
I am looking to replace an e7 with a 9" raymarine. I would like something that is basically just plug and play. Am I correct in thinking that a e97 would have the same connections and support the same transducer?

Current e7 has only 2 things plugged into it, the power cable and a network cable that I'm assuming is for a sonar module going to the transducer.

The current E7 is being used for charts and sonar only, and that's all that the new unit would be used for.

Thanks in advance for any advice/help!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-18, 01:54 PM
RE: [CA] Replacing a E7 with a 9" MFD
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum MPNV,

As the MFD does not have a transducer connect to it, it would be recommended that an eS98 or eS97 MFD be considered. If seeking the latest generation of MFD technology, then it would be recommended that an Axiom Pro 9 S MFD be considered to replace the e7 MFD. Should the e7 MFD presently be interfaced to a CP100, CP370, CP470, or CP570 Sonar Module, then replacement with an Axiom Pro 9 S MFD would very much be a plug and play operation. Should the e7 MFD currently be interfaced to a DSM300 or DSM30 which has a transducer which is designed to be mated directly to the DSM's transducer socket, then this transducer may instead be adapted be be mated directly to the CHIRP transducer socket of an Axiom Pro RVX MFD.
03-12-18, 02:40 PM (This post was last modified: 03-14-18 12:34 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
So I was finally able to locate the sonar module. It is a CP100 and has an 8 pin transducer plugged into it, model CPT-S on the tag. The transducer cable is not long enough to reach the dash to plug into a unit there.

I want to confirm what models I will be able to plug the network cable into coming from the the CP100.... Will it plug into an axiom pro 9 and give me a sonar picture? Or am I stuck with a e97?
03-14-18, 12:43 PM (This post was last modified: 03-14-18 12:49 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
MPNV,

The CP100 may be interfaced to any of the following MFDs or to an Ethernet network switch (ex. HS5 RayNet Network Switch, SeaTalkhs Network Switch) via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable:
- Axiom MFD (any model)
- Axiom Pro MFD (any model)
- gS-Series MFD ((any model which has been updated with the latest LightHouse II or LightHouse 3 software)
- eS-Series MFD (any model which has been updated with the latest LightHouse II or LightHouse 3 software)
- e-Series MFD (any model which has been updated with the latest LightHouse II software)
- c-Series MFD (any model which has been updated with the latest LightHouse II software)
- a-Series MFD (any model which has been updated with the latest LightHouse II software)

With respect to the CP100, when interfaced to the new MFD, it will support the same sonar imaging (i.e. DownVision and/or High CHIRP conical sonar) as had the e7 MFD. Should RealVision 3D sonar imaging and/or SideVision sonar imaging be desired, then it would be recommended that the system feature Axiom RV MFD or Axiom Pro RVX MFD and a RealVision transducer.