Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] E-80/E-120 interface
03-10-18, 11:24 AM (This post was last modified: 03-12-18 12:56 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] E-80/E-120 interface
I have an E-80 & an E-120. I tried using the proper seatalk HS cables & a seatalk HS crossover connector, I set the E-80 as the data master.
The E-120 is set to data master off. I tried powering up the E-80 first and then when it was fully up, powered up the E-120 I get Data Master Alarm.
Any ideas or solutions?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-12-18, 11:42 AM (This post was last modified: 03-12-18 12:56 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] E-80/E-120 interface
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum draudio,

Should each of the MFD's have been updated with E-Series Classic MFD v5.69 software, the serial number information recorded within each MFD's memory be valid, and the IP address of each MFD differ from one another (see related FAQ here), then it would appear that the Ethernet (SeaTalkhs) communications interface of one or both MFDs has suffered a failure unless the cables were modified or damaged. Should you be able to fault isolate the problem to one of the MFDs, then problematic MFDs should be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced. Otherwise, it is recommended that both MFDs be sent to Raymarine's Product Repair Center to be bench tested / serviced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply