Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Axiom to Es
03-13-18, 03:49 PM (This post was last modified: 03-14-18 02:53 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Axiom to Es
I recently upgraded my ES unit to the Lighthouse 3 software. I liked the ease of use so much that I decided to upgrade my A series unit to an Axiom. My question is can I use the same sea talk ng cable that I have connected to the A series mfd and network the new axiom.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-14-18, 02:37 PM (This post was last modified: 03-14-18 02:53 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Axiom to Es
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum riverrat42701,

Q. My question is can I use the same sea talk ng cable that I have connected to the A series mfd and network the new axiom.
A. The Axiom MFD is designed to be interfaced to other compatible MFDs or to the system's Ethernet network switch (ex. HS5 RayNet Network Switch) via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable, not via a SeaTalkng cable. Doing so will permit the MFD's to share all of the system's resources, data, and features.
03-14-18, 05:30 PM (This post was last modified: 03-15-18 07:58 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I thought of one more question, once I have these 2 mfds linked can I leave my cp200 sidevision system online and still use it? Does it even make sense with the realvision ducer on the boat?
03-15-18, 08:03 AM
riverrat42701,

Q1. Once I have these 2 mfds linked can I leave my cp200 sidevision system online and still use it?
A1. Yes

Q2. Does it even make sense with the realvision ducer on the boat?
A2. As a RealVision transducer(s) will also support SideVision, I would be inclined to think that the CP200 and its CPT-200 Transducer would no longer be needed within the system.
03-21-18, 03:59 PM (This post was last modified: 03-21-18 06:15 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I got them linked, thank you sir.
03-21-18, 06:16 PM
You're welcome.