Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Pathfinder Radar networking
03-17-18, 11:29 AM (This post was last modified: 03-19-18 08:56 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Pathfinder Radar networking
Hello, I currently have a good working 48 mile (24 in.) Raydome connected to a RL70c Display. I also have a RL70 display (black and white) and a L760 (factory upgraded to HSBII) Fishfinder unit. My question is can ethier of thease units be used as a repeater at the lower helm? I have tried conecting both of them with a seatalk 3 wire cable with no luck. can it be done and how?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-18, 09:18 AM (This post was last modified: 03-19-18 09:30 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Pathfinder Radar networking
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Joe,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Should the RL70C have hsb2 communications circuity, then it may indeed be possible to daisy chain the three hsb2 displays to one another via an E55040 hsb2 Splitter Cable (installed in the hsb2 socket of the middle display after removing its black termination plug) and an appropriate length of hsb cable. The RL70C would need to be interfaced to the system's SeaTalk bus as well.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1684]

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing where one may determine the latest information concerning availability and pricing for Raymarine parts.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

03-21-18, 08:09 AM (This post was last modified: 03-21-18 09:49 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Opps, forgot to mention my working RL70c is an HSB1, is that a deal killer? I have a RL70c HSB II but has failed as it will no longer power up. I also have on the boat a working C120 display that I use for chart plotting, I think it's not compatible at all. Thanks
03-21-18, 09:54 AM
Joe,

Q1. Opps, forgot to mention my working RL70c is an HSB1, is that a deal killer?
A1. Yes. As indicated within the previously referenced FAQ, Pathfinder Series Displays having a hsb communications interface may only be interfaced to one other Pathfinder Series Display having a hsb communications interface. Similarly, Pathfinder Series Displays having a hsb2 communications interface may only be interfaced to other Pathfinder Series Displays having a hsb2 communications interface.

Q2. I have a RL70c HSB II but has failed as it will no longer power up.
A2. Unfortunately, Raymarine's Product Repair Center can no longer services Pathfinder Series Displays.

Q3. I also have on the boat a working C120 display that I use for chart plotting, I think it's not compatible at all.
A2. Correct.