Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ST 7001 - Rudder won't Turn
04-01-16, 04:37 PM
ST 7001 - Rudder won't Turn
Hi

\I have an ST 7001. Everything appears to be working normally. Meaning (as I don't really know what I'm talking about) the indications are normal, the rudder position indicator is working normally, when I engage the autopilot there is resistance on the wheel (i.e.; working against the drive motor) but the servo motor (small electric tiller motor driving rudder directly) will not activate the rudder. I have selected +/-10 multiple times (numbers change on display) nothing happens.
After awhile, as i go off course I get the following message "DRIVE STOPPED" (as mentioned, the rudder position indicators are working fine).

I think I need to see if the servo motor is working or if it is a signal problem. Can you help?

Thanks

Michael
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-16, 02:34 PM
RE: ST 7001 - Rudder won't Turn
ST7001 is the control head in the autopilot system, what is the course computer and drive you are using in the system?

If the autopilot is asking for motor movement and it doesn't happen it will error with Drive Stop. If you are pressing the +/- 10 and you are not hearing any motor engagement, it would be good to check the motor.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply