Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Trip Log settings
03-19-18, 01:59 PM (This post was last modified: 03-19-18 03:00 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Trip Log settings
I have a eS179 Hybid.

I am trying to edit my data bar. I understand how to edit it. I don't understand the definition of the following (nor could I find it in the manual).
1. Long & Trip
2. Log
3. Trip
4. Ground Log & trip
5. Ground Log
6. Ground Trip 1-4

I am attempting to create a Total distance for our summer cruise. This will not be reset until the end of the cruise, and a daily distance that would be reset at the end of the day's travel.

I also want to create a total distance for the boat since we have owned it. I would never reset this one. This would require me to enter the total distance on the boat since we have owned it.

Is there a page number I can turn to in the manual that explains all this? Release 19 is the latest?

Thank You

Thank you Tom

1988 Camargue Yacht Fisher
Tom and Kay
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-18, 03:11 PM
RE: [CA] Trip Log settings
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Tom,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. The Log & Trip data item is simply a presentation which will display the Log data item and Trip data item within a single Databox or Data applications panel's data cell. Similarly, the Ground Log & Trip data item is simply a presentation which will display the Ground Log data item and Ground Trip data item within a single Databox or Data applications panel's data cell. Ground Trips 1-4 are analogous to automobile odometers supporting Trip A and Trip B in addition to odometer. Raymarine has gone one step further and creating a total of four Ground Trips.

Q. I am attempting to create a Total distance for our summer cruise. This will not be reset until the end of the cruise, and a daily distance that would be reset at the end of the day's travel.
A. Assuming that you will be are seeking distance over ground, then Ground Log and Trip 1 would seem to be the data items of interest. However, if seeking distance through water, then Log and Trip would seem to be the data items of interest.
03-19-18, 05:04 PM (This post was last modified: 03-20-18 09:07 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you Chuck.

One last question. Is there a way to populate the "Gnd Log" data box with my own number. i.e. I have 10,250 miles total on my boat since I have owned it.

1988 Camargue Yacht Fisher
Tom and Kay
03-20-18, 09:09 AM
Tom,

Q1. Is there a way to populate the "Gnd Log" data box with my own number. i.e. I have 10,250 miles total on my boat since I have owned it?
A1. The feature which you have inquired about is not supported.
06-26-19, 05:34 AM
Good day.
I have a similar question regarding distance and trip Log settings.

We recently replaced our two A-series MFDs with two Axioms (9”, 12”), both networked with a row of i70 instrument displays, one of which constantly displays the Log distance, trip distance and time.

We had ~8000 nautical miles on the distance Log when we installed the Axioms. After installation, the distance Log on the i70 was reset to 0, and we want to reset it to reflect the ~8000nm we’ve already traveled since January 2018.

Please assist. Thank you.
David
06-26-19, 08:18 AM
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum David,

Unfortunately, the feature which you have identified is not presently supported within Raymarine products logging speed through water or speed over ground. Logs produced from such data may currently be reset only. A feature request will be logged to consider adding support for initializing the Log and Ground Log data items recorded by Raymarine products.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions.
07-02-19, 04:06 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-19 08:11 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck,
Thank you for your informative reply, even though I'm disappointed the feature other users and I need is not presently supported. It seems like such a logical feature, too, because as you've written in this thread and elsewhere, the distance through the water log is essential a vessel's odometer.

Kind Regards,
David
07-03-19, 08:12 AM
Noted.