Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Instrument Settings via Network
03-21-18, 02:15 AM (This post was last modified: 03-22-18 02:04 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Instrument Settings via Network
I have a pair of Axiom Pros, a pair of P70s auto-pilot heads, and a couple of i70s units.

Is there a way for common settings for the i70s to be retrieved from the SeaTalkng network?

For example, I know that the units can be placed in a group that will let me control the display mode. I've done that.

However, the alarm settings and display options (pages, data, etc) configurations seem to have to be configured individually. Foe example, turning off the AIS alarms, or adding a new page.

Am I missing something or is shared configuration not possible on the i70s units like it is on a pair of Axiom Pros?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-22-18, 02:04 PM
RE: [CA] Instrument Settings via Network
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum rsqunit,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing multiple data sources within a system. Please note that units are universally configured within a network of MFDs running LightHouse II or LightHouse 3 software and i50/i60/i70 Instruments, and p70/p70R/p70S/p70RS autopilot control heads. Accordingly, changing the units setting via any one of these devices will effectively change corresponding units setting within each of these devices.

Within Raymarine products, offsets/calibration and alarms are designed to be set via the device which is responsible for feeding data from the associated transducer into the system. Accordingly, depth related offsets and alarms associated with a transducer with is interfaced to the MFD will need to be configure within the Fishfinder application settings of that MFD or a system MFD displaying a sonar application pane configured to use the sonar channel associated with that transducer. The alarms and calibrations which may be configured via i70/i70S MFIDs are designed to support instrument transducers which have been interfaced to an iTC-5.

Raymarine has not yet added support within LightHouse 3 software for Shared Brightness feature found within MFDs running LightHouse II software. This feature has been logged for consideration to be included within a future LightHouse 3 software update.
04-02-18, 07:03 PM
Chuck, it seems like the alarm setting on the i70s does not propagate to the other i70s units on the network.

I have two of these on the SeaTalkng network. Share brightness works, for example.

However, when I set the AIS alarm to off on one of them, the setting did not propagate to the other.

Similarly, when I created a custom screen on one i70s unit, it was not available on the other.

Should alarm settings and custom screens be shared as well?
04-03-18, 12:29 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-18 04:31 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
rsqunit,

Q1. When I set the AIS alarm to off on one of them, the setting did not propagate to the other.
A1. I was unable to duplicate the reported issue with the to i70S within my system ... i.e. responding to the alarm on one of the i70S caused the other i70S to cease alarming. One should not expect that cancelling the AIS alarm from the MFD will cancel the AIS alarm on an i70/i70S MFID. Accordingly, should the i70/i70S MFIDs be installed in close proximity to a MFD, then it would typically be recommended that the AIS alarm be configured ON within the nearby i70/i70S MFID. The i70S MFIDs within my system were running v3.11 software. What version of software is installed within each of your i70S MFIDs?

Q2. When I created a custom screen on one i70s unit, it was not available on the other.
A2. Feature settings requiring relatively low bandwidth communications such as time & date, units, language, boat type, boat details, variation, brightness levels, alarm settings, etc. are designed to be shared among networked i70/i70S MFIDs. Unfortunately, while the feature which you have referenced may be supported by compatible Raymarine Multifunction Displays (MFDs) when interfaced to one another via an Ethernet communications network, the same is not supported by Raymarine Multifunction Instrument Displays (MFIDs) which are interfaced to one another via a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone.
04-03-18, 03:07 PM
Chuck,

I'm not in front of the units, but I can tell you they have the very latest software as of a week ago when I last checked.
04-03-18, 04:28 PM
rsqunit,

Should you verify that each of the i70S were running v3.11 software, then it would be recommended that a system diagram of the marine electronics system be attached to this thread for further analysis.
04-04-18, 04:33 AM
Yes, the software is up to date.

Attached is my network diagram.
04-04-18, 08:53 AM
rsqunit,

It is recommended that a Factory Reset be commanded on each of the i70S MFIDs to determine whether it corrects the reported issue. If not, please respond accordingly and a problem corresponding problem report will be generated. In the interim, it would then be recommended that the AIS Dangerous Target Alarm be configured OFF on each i70S MFID should the MFDs will be configured to report the Dangerous AIS targets.
04-04-18, 02:49 PM
OK. I'll do that when I'm back on the boat next week.
04-04-18, 03:59 PM
You're welcome.