Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(DG) ST60 Constant True & Apparent Flashing
03-22-18, 08:58 AM (This post was last modified: 03-23-18 04:45 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
(DG) ST60 Constant True & Apparent Flashing
I'm troubleshooting my ST60 Wind unit's constant flashing of the True and Apparent lights.

Following the self test procedure I got "F01" in the first step of the test outlined in the manual. Next trip to the boat, I'll take a power source and multimeter to preform the test to confirm the masthead is transmitting and also consider a factory reset as a step to attempt to recover the functionality.

From reading previous forum inquiries/replies and explainations of true/apparent wind it appears that the "speed signal" is either not transmitting to the ST60 Wind unit or the supplied signal isn't being interpreted correctly. Do I understand correctly that this would be the reading of the "yellow" wire into the ST60 Wind unit?

Are there any additional suggestions or steps I should try outside of 1) a factory reset and 2) confirmation of correct voltages from sensors on the mast using the procedures supplied in the manuals?

Thanks in advance for any assistance or suggestions.

Todd L.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-23-18, 04:52 AM
RE: (DG) ST60 Constant True & Apparent Flashing
Hi ptliberty@gmail.com

Thank you for your enquiry

This link click here runs through most of the tests that will indicate if the masthead Tx is faulty.

Usually if the boat speed data is missing or incorrect the TRUE wind Speed will be incorrect too - you can check the Speed display is communicating correctly with the wind display simply by turning the lights ON on the Speed display and the lights should come ON on all the other connected displays.

If the outcome indicates that the masthead Tx is functioning correctly, then the display will need to be serviced or replaced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply