Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Axiom waypoint info
03-22-18, 09:10 AM (This post was last modified: 03-22-18 10:42 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Axiom waypoint info
I’ve recently purchased 2 Axiom 9’s and have them connected with a Raynet Cable. I have one unit at the console and one at the bow. I’ve made the unit at the console the data master. My question is, once the units are connected, does the unit at the bow record and follow waypoints from the master units antenna that is 6-7 feet away?. I just was sure if I had to make the bow unit the master when fishing on the front deck for more accuracy?.

Thank you in advance for assistance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-22-18, 01:18 PM
RE: [CA] Axiom waypoint info
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Canadian Bassin,

Q1. once the units are connected, does the unit at the bow record and follow waypoints from the master units antenna that is 6-7 feet away?
A1. Should the two MFDs be interfaced to one another via an Ethernet network, they will share all system resources and data. In a very simply system, these MFDs would simply be interfaced to one another via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable. Within a system of MFDs, waypoints, routes, and tracks may be created by and accessed by any networked MFD within the system. This data is stored within the internal memory of the system's Data Master MFD.

Q2. I just was sure if I had to make the bow unit the master when fishing on the front deck for more accuracy?
A2. As each MFD features an internal GPS sensor, the Data Sources feature (HOME->SETTING->NETWORK->DATA SOURCES) will need to be executed on the Data Master MFD to designate which one of the system's GPS sensor's will be used to supply the system with GPS data. Should the bow MFD's location be desired as the reference point for GPS data, then the Data Sources feature should be configured to designate the bow MFDs will be providing the system with GPS data.
03-22-18, 02:58 PM (This post was last modified: 03-22-18 03:22 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
10-4 Chuck... Thanks for the clarification.
03-22-18, 03:23 PM
You're welcome.