Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Seatalk NG, DeviceNet, and Suzuki CP-10
03-22-18, 01:06 PM (This post was last modified: 03-22-18 02:14 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Seatalk NG, DeviceNet, and Suzuki CP-10
So I purchased a DeviceNet Cable to attempt to pull the data from my existing NMEA 2000 backbone for my Suzuki outboard and my Suzuki CP-10 and I've experienced some weird results when attempting to patch the data into my E90W via a SeaTalk NG 5 way connector. Somehow the 5 way connector invalidates the data coming from the motor and makes my CP-10 reading go dead. . .

So after troubleshooting a lot of different scenarios I plug my device net cable directly into my E90W, and boom it has the engine data and my CP-10 is reading correctly. Now of course I am going to have to use my 5 way connector to connect all of my other electronics but it doesn't seem like there is a way that I can plug the device net cable into this connector. This doesn't make any sense to me. I've even unplugged everything but the 5 way connector from the device net connection (even the power) and it still invalidated the data in NMEA 2000.

Is it possible that I have a bad 5 way connector?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-22-18, 02:13 PM (This post was last modified: 03-22-18 02:14 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Seatalk NG, DeviceNet, and Suzuki CP-10
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Brent,

A1. Please note that Raymarine does not support interfacing engine systems to its products in the manner which you have indicated. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing the supported method of interfacing engine systems to Raymarine products.

Q2. Is it possible that I have a bad 5 way connector?
A2. Not likely. Given the results with you have reported, it appears that you had attempted interface the engine system's powered backbone via a spur cable to a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. Two backbones cannot be joined in this manner. As indicated within the referenced FAQ, a compatible NMEA 2000 engine gateway would be required for the reasons specified within the FAQ.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply