Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] E wide touchscreen not responding
03-22-18, 05:38 PM (This post was last modified: 03-23-18 08:10 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] E wide touchscreen not responding
The hybrid keys work. Touchscreen is enabled. Beeps when you touch the screen with no result. Tried to realign but alignment failed. Any suggestions before I send unit in? Thanks. John
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-23-18, 08:33 AM
RE: [CA] E wide touchscreen not responding
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum John,

Should the MFD's TouchLock feature not be enabled and should the reported symptoms occur, then it would appear that the MFD has suffered a failure of its internal circuitry, necessitating that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced. That said, you may want to try performing a Factory Reset Operation as a last measure to correct the problem before sending the MFD to in for service.
03-27-18, 05:29 PM (This post was last modified: 03-28-18 07:41 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Did not work after reboot. On out of warranty products the only option on the return form is a fixed cost repair around $2400. is that right? I thought i would sent it to repair center and get an estimate. Is that option available? Thanks.
03-28-18, 07:44 AM
John,

The quoted flat rate typically represents the worst case scenario for repairs. It is indeed possible to send the MFD to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked. Upon completion of the bench test, you will be notified of the cost to repair the product.