Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] E-80 MFD Time issues
03-24-18, 11:57 AM
RE: [CA] E-80 MFD Time issues
Thanks Chuck for your prompt attention. In a nut shell my original 125 antenna failed. I called tech support and found that the 125 was no longer available and I needed a new version 130 AND a converter and cable to interface with the classic E-80 Seatalk. But, you already know that! Anyway, it came with instructions and I thought I installed it correctly. My antenna is fixed to the deck about 3ft away from the original terminal box (E-80). The instructions for connecting the new antenna was to remove and replace the old connector box, between the new antenna and the outbound cable...which I assume transits to the MFD. I'm attaching a picture of the new converter box. I immediately solve the issue of no position fix, wind and current information, but my time on the MFD switches rapidly between local and GMT. My software was updated several years ago to the new version. I read on the forum that it is suggested that you do a factory reset after upgrading the software....which I did not do, and I guess that may be my issue but frankly I'm not sure. The wiring diagram that you posted seems to indicate that all cables going to each instrument on the system must be replaced, but I purchased exactly what tech support required to fix the issue.
I talked to a technician at the Seattle boat show and he told me that the converter box may need a software upgrade as well and I was hopeful that may solve the problem but it did not, however, the time now switches less often, so maybe we are getting closer.

Thanks Again! Charles
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA] E-80 MFD Time issues - Charles - 03-23-18, 12:40 AM
RE: [CA] E-80 MFD Time issues - Charles - 03-24-18 11:57 AM
RE: [CA] E-80 MFD Time issues - Charles - 05-07-18, 09:04 AM
RE: [CA] E-80 MFD Time issues - Charles - 05-10-18, 03:11 PM
RE: [CA] E-80 MFD Time issues - Charles - 07-05-19, 09:06 AM
RE: [CA] E-80 MFD Time issues - Charles - 07-16-19, 11:31 PM