Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] E-80 MFD Time issues
07-05-19, 09:06 AM
RE: [CA] E-80 MFD Time issues
Hello Chuck,

Thank you for your ongoing support with this issue. I accomplished everything on the list and with the new converter and backbone everything appears to work. There is one issue that I do not understand...that is how the backbone is powered. In one of your instructions you indicated that the red (power) leads at the autopilot computer should be disconnected and, using the power cable supplied in the converter kit, a new switched power connection made. When I disconnected those SeaTalk power wires at the course computer I noticed that everything was still powered! The light on the converter still showed a signal as did the light on the GPS antenna. The autopilot appears to still work as well...but I have not made a functional check of the autopilot under power. I checked all the other instruments and they appear to all be working. I can only assume that the backbone is powered through the MFD??? Perhaps I misunderstood your instructions. I thought the new power cable needed to be installed and connected to the remaining (white) connection of the converter. Lacking an actual electrical schematic it is not possible to determine how the new backbone is powered...but it clearly has power. One last question. You mentioned upgrading the autopilot course computer. Is it correct to assume that the upgrade to the computer is completed with the v5.69 software upgrade to the E-80 series MFD that I already accomplished, or is there an additional upgrade to the computer?

Thank you!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA] E-80 MFD Time issues - Charles - 03-23-18, 12:40 AM
RE: [CA] E-80 MFD Time issues - Charles - 03-24-18, 11:57 AM
RE: [CA] E-80 MFD Time issues - Charles - 05-07-18, 09:04 AM
RE: [CA] E-80 MFD Time issues - Charles - 05-10-18, 03:11 PM
RE: [CA] E-80 MFD Time issues - Charles - 07-05-19 09:06 AM
RE: [CA] E-80 MFD Time issues - Charles - 07-16-19, 11:31 PM