Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] E-80 MFD Time issues
07-15-19, 05:27 PM
RE: [CA] E-80 MFD Time issues
Charles,

Q1. When I disconnected those SeaTalk power wires at the course computer I noticed that everything was still powered! The light on the converter still showed a signal as did the light on the GPS antenna.
A1. Please verify that the SeaTalk/Alarm Cable was unplugged from the MFD. If so, then the SeaTalk bus is being powered from another point within the system that was not shown within your system diagram. If you inspect the SeaTalk bus, you may find that a SeaTalk Auxiliary Junction Box was installed to interface the Raystar 125 GPS Sensor to the system and to supply power to the SeaTalk bus. Disconnecting this Junction Box from the system (or disconnecting its power cable) would then eliminate this device as a possible source.

[Image: R55006%20Seatalk1%20Junction%20Box.1.jpg]

Q2. I thought the new power cable needed to be installed and connected to the remaining (white) connection of the converter. Lacking an actual electrical schematic it is not possible to determine how the new backbone is powered...but it clearly has power.
A2. This is indeed what had been recommended ... see the response to Q1 regarding the possible source for power to the SeaTalk bus within your system.

Q3. You mentioned upgrading the autopilot course computer. Is it correct to assume that the upgrade to the computer is completed with the v5.69 software upgrade to the E-80 series MFD that I already accomplished, or is there an additional upgrade to the computer?
A3. Should the system feature an SPX autopilot course computer then it would be necessary to update its software as well. While this may be accomplished via the MFD, it is not achieved as part of updating the MFD's software. Please click here to view the SPX autopilots software update web page.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA] E-80 MFD Time issues - Charles - 03-23-18, 12:40 AM
RE: [CA] E-80 MFD Time issues - Charles - 03-24-18, 11:57 AM
RE: [CA] E-80 MFD Time issues - Charles - 05-07-18, 09:04 AM
RE: [CA] E-80 MFD Time issues - Charles - 05-10-18, 03:11 PM
RE: [CA] E-80 MFD Time issues - Charles - 07-05-19, 09:06 AM
RE: [CA] E-80 MFD Time issues - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-15-19 05:27 PM
RE: [CA] E-80 MFD Time issues - Charles - 07-16-19, 11:31 PM