Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Sharing waypoints with Simrad
03-23-18, 06:43 AM (This post was last modified: 03-23-18 09:52 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Sharing waypoints with Simrad
I have a system of Axiom Pro 12, Axiom 9, and Simrad GO9 all connected via a NMEA 2000 network. The (2) Axioms are also connected via RayNet cables for Ethernet. The Simrad and Raymarine units see each on the NMEA network. The Simrad unit has a feature to transmit and receive waypoint data on NMEA 2K, however, I'm not finding any similar transmit or receive on the Raymarine units. Is this a feature I can't find, or a request for future NMEA PGN implementation consideration? Thank You
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-23-18, 10:14 AM
RE: [CA] Sharing waypoints with Simrad
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum shewstring,

Unfortunately, Raymarine MFDs running LightHouse II as well as those running LightHouse 3 software do not support waypoint/route transfer via their NMEA 2000 / SeaTalkng communications interfaces. A feature request will be logged to consider inclusion of this feature within a future LightHouse 3 sofware update. In the interim, should a third party chartplotting product support importing from or exporting to GPX files, then it would be recommended that you consider such transfers via a microSD memory card as an interim solution. When considering such transfers, the constraints of each chartplotting product must be considered. The waypoint/route/track constraints for MFDs running LightHouse 3 software may be found here.

Please click here more information concerning feature suggestions.
03-24-18, 08:34 PM (This post was last modified: 03-26-18 07:50 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank You.
03-26-18, 07:50 AM
You're welcome.