Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Navionics roblem after software upgrade
03-23-18, 12:08 PM (This post was last modified: 03-27-18 09:50 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Navionics roblem after software upgrade
I have a new (Dec 17) installation of Axiom Pro 12, a master and slave. A software upgrade (3.3) to interface XM Weather was done three weeks ago and I now have no marine detail in chart mode, no depths, markers, detail, etc. I found out the upgrade was done in the master, but the Navionics card was left in the slave during the software upgrade. Could this have wiped my card?, and if so, what are my next steps.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-18, 09:39 AM (This post was last modified: 03-27-18 09:52 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Navionics roblem after software upgrade
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Sunbar,

Unless you had copied the software update files to the Navionics chart card, it is quite unlikely that the software update had any adverse effect upon the contents of your Navionics chart card. Please note that Raymarine is presently addressing a problem with cartography sharing among systems composed more than one Axiom Pro MFD running v3.2.x or v3.3.170 software. In such systems, the Navionics cartography was only able to be viewed on the MFD in which the Navionics chart card had been inserted. Sometimes this problem may be overcome by moving the Navionics chart card to the lower memory card reader slot of one of the MFDs. In other cases, removing the chart card from the system, switching the system OFF, switching it back ON, and then re=inserting the chart card into the lower memory card readers slot will resolve the problem. This problem is expected to be at least partially corrected by the LightHouse 3 v3.4.x software update, the release of which is imminent. Accordingly, it would be recommended that the MFD's software be updated immediately following the release of the LightHouse 3 v3.4.x software update. Should there be any remaining concerns that the contents of your Navionics chart card may have become corrupted, then it would be recommended that the chart card be taken to you Raymarine dealer and that it be tested within one of the Dealer's MFDs.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply