Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Dashboard App Functionality
03-27-18, 02:08 AM (This post was last modified: 03-28-18 01:03 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Dashboard App Functionality
My current understanding of the Dashboard App in Lighthouse 3.4 finds the Dashboard App seems to be severely limited compared to the "Data Panel" in the old E-120 classic display. Specifically I would like to have:

1) The ability to subdivide the Dashboard into as many pieces as possible. It appears the center section is reserved for some graphical display (Sailing=Very limited utility to Power Boater; Navigation; Engine=Very limited utility if do not have Electronic controls; Boat=Very limited utility without electronic tank and battery monitors)

2) As an owner of a power boat with mechanical engines, the only Dashboard with utility is the Navigation Dashboard; However, I cannot find how to add the following:
i) Graphical Trim Tab Position as shown in the "Engine" Dashboard
ii) Ground Wind and Apparent Wind Velocity
iii) Add more data boxes to the display. It seems there are only about 6-8 user defined data boxes. On the old system I could define many more than that.

Thanks.

Jon Spain
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-28-18, 01:02 PM (This post was last modified: 03-28-18 01:03 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Dashboard App Functionality
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Jon,

Q1) The ability to subdivide the Dashboard into as many pieces as possible. It appears the center section is reserved for some graphical display (Sailing=Very limited utility to Power Boater; Navigation; Engine=Very limited utility if do not have Electronic controls; Boat=Very limited utility without electronic tank and battery monitors)
A1. As you have suggested, some of the graphical data items within the pre-configured Dashboard panels may not be replaced or hidden, while others may only be replaced with numerical data items. At this time, it is permissible to create a custom Dashboard panel. The Dashboard panel may be divided into as many as 12 data items. However, the LightHouse v3.3.170 software does not support adding graphically displayed data items to these Dashboard panels. A feature request will be logged to consider the addition of graphically represented data items to the list of data items which may be selected

Q2) As an owner of a power boat with mechanical engines, the only Dashboard with utility is the Navigation Dashboard; However, I cannot find how to add the following:
Q2i) Graphical Trim Tab Position as shown in the "Engine" Dashboard
A2i - Not currently supported. See the response to Q1.

Q2ii) Ground Wind and Apparent Wind Velocity
A3ii) When editing a data item, select GWD or GWV from the Wind data group

Q3iii) Add more data boxes to the display. It seems there are only about 6-8 user defined data boxes. On the old system I could define many more than that.
A3iii) - Not currently supported. A feature request will be logged to consider inclusion of this feature within a future LightHouse 3 software update.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply