Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[CA] Wi-Fish connects to Raymarine app but not to Navionics
03-27-18, 10:38 AM (This post was last modified: 03-29-18 01:43 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Wi-Fish connects to Raymarine app but not to Navionics
Last november I got a brand new Wi-Fish unit. I successfully connect with the Raymarine Wi-Fish app but not with Navionics. After some research, I found that the Wi-Fish have to be updated. I download and update the software version to the 15.*** and got the Navionics app working with the Wi-Fish.

However, after more or less 10 uses in December I stopped fishing for the winter. Back in January I tried again without changing any settings and I can no longer make the Boating app work with the Wi-Fish. I have since verified that I can use the Raymarine Wi-Fish app but not the Navionics app.

Since January I have been back and forward with Navionics support team. We tried different iOS equipment and none were able to support communications between the Navionics Boating app and the Wi-Fish.
Find all posts by this user
03-29-18, 01:42 PM
RE: [CA] Wi-Fish connects to Raymarine app but not to Navionics
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum eghphoto,

Please note that we have been able to duplicate the reported issue when using the Navionics Boating app on an iPad. As with your findings, Raymarine's Wi-Fish app was found to communicate properly with the Wi-Fish device. As no software changes have been issued for the Wi-Fish sounder since May of 2016, we have reached out to Navionics for assistance with the reported issue. This thread will be updated upon receiving a response from Navionics.
04-18-18, 09:55 AM (This post was last modified: 04-18-18 03:33 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
All,

Please note that I tested the Navionics Boating app (v8.7) running on my Android phone with my Wi-Fish (v15.5 ... the Wi-Fish device's software version may be checked via Raymarine's Wi-Fish app) this morning and found that the Navionics Boating app was indeed capable of displaying DownVision sonar imaging from the Wi-Fish. In my case, I had connected my smartphone to the Wi-Fish via Wi-Fi and then tested the Wi-Fish with Raymarine's Wi-Fish mobile app. Upon successfully verifying that the Wi-Fish app plotted sonar imagery produced by the Wi-Fish. I then shut down the Wi-Fish app and then ran the Navionics Boating App. Touching the Depth data item within the Navionics boating app, then caused the screen of the Navionics boating app to be divided horizontally. Cartography and controls were then displayed in the upper pane of the Boating app, while DownVision imaging was displayed in the lower pane of the Boating app.
04-19-18, 07:30 PM (This post was last modified: 04-20-18 08:27 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
This thread is about issues on Apple devices not Android.
04-20-18, 08:45 AM (This post was last modified: 04-30-18 10:05 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
crazy_russian,

It is expected and has been verified that any Wi-Fish which has been updated with the latest software (v15.05 at the time of this response ... see the link sent to you for downloading this software update) will communicate properly with Raymarine's Wi-Fish mobile app when run on either an iPad, iPhone, Android tablet, and Android smartphone. As no change have occurred to the Wi-Fish software in well over a year, Raymarine's Wi-Fish app and Wi-Fish hardware properly communicate with one another, the Raymarine hardware and firmware have been deemed to be functioning as designed. Changes to the Navionics Boating app has caused some iPads and iPhones running the Navionics Boating app's ability to no longer support communications with the Wi-Fish. Raymarine has reported this problem to Navionics in order that Navionics may correct this problem within the Navionics boating app for the iPad and iPhone. Again, this problem does not affect Wi-Fish owners who are exclusively using Raymarine's Wi-Fish app, nor does it affect Wi-Fish owners who are running the Navionics Boating app on an Android tablet or Android smartphone.

Raymarine has no control over third party products (apps, computer software, devices, etc.) which are produced and claim support for integration with Raymarine products. That said, when such issues are reported, Raymarine will do its best to provide any supporting information to the producers of third party products to support any changes which may be necessary to correct any integration issues. To that end, Raymarine has communicated successful use of the Wi-Fish with the Navionics Boating app when executed on Android devices and has indicated that some customers are reporting an inability achieve the same functionality when the Navionics Boating App is executed on iPad and iPhones. It is recommended that customers having this Apple hardware seek the latest information concerning the status of the investigation by Navionics through the Navionics Support Team (508-291-6000).

This post will be updated when Navionics has identified that a correction to the Navionics Boating app has been developed and is available from the Apple Store to be downloaded to one's iPad or iPhone.
Thread Closed