Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] sea talk hs and sea talk ng
03-27-18, 05:10 PM (This post was last modified: 03-28-18 02:42 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] sea talk hs and sea talk ng
My original system consisted of:
airman triducer b744v connected to a dsm300 to a high speed switch and on to the hs connection on e80.
out of the sea talk one port on e80 to terminal bar and GPS on bar with one st1 cable leading to 2 daisy chained st60 (speed and depth).
12v power was run into the st60.
All worked great until I added auto pilot and wind instrument.
I removed the 2 st60's and replaced with a tridata i50 to save space for the new p70s pilot and i60 wind.
I have an ACU200 for the new pilot and it supplies power to the ng backbone.
on the backbone I have ACU200, EV-1 and my 3 new instruments as above all connected to the st2 port on the e80.
They all power up and I have not gotten to testing the wind and pilot yet,
my concern is that I don't have speed or depth just three dashes like no input . Does the e80 interface provide the depth thru the hs network to the triducer?

Thanks in advance

Robert
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-28-18, 03:28 PM (This post was last modified: 03-28-18 03:31 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] sea talk hs and sea talk ng
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Robert,

It is recommended that you verify that the i50 Tridata has been configured a Repeater of Depth, Speed, and Temperature data rather than as a Master of these data items. You may find detailed information on this subject within Section 8.4 Datamaster of the i50 Instruments Installation and Operation Instructions. One additional note: rather than powering the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone via the ACU-200, it is considered to be a best installation practice to power a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone via a spur cable which has been interfaced to a dedicated switched 12VDC power circuit.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply