I am having trouble determining the main differences between the following:

e127, e128, eS127, eS128

Any insight would be appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-16, 01:13 PM
RE: e Series Vs. eS Series
Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum jetmart,

Production of e-Series MFDs has concluded and this product line has been replaced by the eS-Series MFDs. Sales of e-Series MFDs will continue until the inventory of these MFDs has been exhausted. The eS-Series MFDs simply represent the latest in hardware improvements to the e-Series product family. The a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD model names ending in "5" (ex. a65, e125, etc.) have no internal fishfinder processing circuitry. The a/c/e/eS-Series MFD model names ending in "7" (ex. a67, e127, etc.) have internal 600W ClearPulse fishfinder processing circuitry. The a/eS-Series MFD model names ending in "8" (ex. a68, eS128, etc.) have internal 600' CHIRP conical / DownVision fishfinder processing circuitry.

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
04-04-16, 07:19 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-16 10:17 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you very helpful. Not sure I would have ever determined the differences.
04-05-16, 10:17 AM
You're welcome.
08-09-17, 10:01 AM (This post was last modified: 08-14-17 08:15 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
So if I have the e125, and whatever transducer to make the chirp work, I think,and auto pilot etc is all connected ... What happens if I buy and plug in an es 128 ?
And are they same size exactly?
08-14-17, 09:02 AM
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Dburton,

Q1. So if I have the e125, and whatever transducer to make the chirp work, I think,and auto pilot etc is all connected ... What happens if I buy and plug in an es 128?
A1. Please note that the ex5 MFDs (i.e. e95, e125, e165) and eSx5 (eS75) do not feature any internal fishfinder circuitry as do the eSx7 and eSx8 MFDs. Accordingly, any 1kW CHIRP sonar capabilities are provided to your e125 MFD by an CP470 or CP570 CHIRP Sounder Module which is in turn interfaced to a compatible CHIRP transducer(s). Similarly, any low power High CHIRP / DownVision sonar capabilities provided to your e125 MFD would be provided by a CP100 CHIRP / DownVision Sounder Module which in turn was interfaced to a compatible transducer. With the exception of surface mounting cutouts and video output to a marine monitor/TV, replacement for an e125 MFD with an eS128 MFD would simply be a matter of unplugging the cables which have been connected to the e125 MFD and then plugging these cables into the corresponding sockets of the eS128 MFD.

Q2. Are they same size exactly?
A2. No. While of similar size, the eS12x MFDs and e12x MFDs do not have exactly the same dimensions and surface mounting cut-outs. Like other Raymarine product documents, the surface mounting templates for may Raymarine's MFDs may be found here. The surface mount template for the e12x MFDs may be found here. The surface mount template for the e12x MFDs may be found here.