Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Best Transducer Choice for a98 on Trojan 370 Cruiser
03-30-18, 09:16 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-18 03:54 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Best Transducer Choice for a98 on Trojan 370 Cruiser
Last year I purchased an a98 for my Trojan 370 Express Cruiser. As I am preparing for the season, I will be ordering the transducer for it very soon. I have looked at the CPT-S and the CPT-120 and I am trying to figure out the different impact of each or if there is a better option which may be suggested for this boat/MFD combination. The descriptions of these products seemed pretty vague as to why I might choose one over the other, and I am a newbie at this. I boat primarily in the Lake Erie Islands area, and the boat has twin v-drives, and a maximum speed of about 27 Knots (I never run it at that), with a cruising speed of 17-22 Knots.

Are there any advantages or disadvantages to the CPT-S or CPT-120 for my application? Is there something different that I should consider?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-18, 03:58 PM
RE: [CA] Best Transducer Choice for a98 on Trojan 370 Cruiser
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum lakespyder,

The CPT-S transducer is designed to exclusively support your MFD's CHIRP (conical) sonar features, while the CPT-120 is designed to support both your MFD's CHIRP (conical) sonar features as well as its DownVision sonar features. The advantage of DownVision is that it is an excellent feature for locating and identifying structure, while CHIRP (conical) sonar is used for locating fish. Either will support tracking the bottom depth.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply