Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Waypoint/Route/Track question
07-05-18, 05:12 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-18 02:22 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Waypoint/Route/Track question
Hi All,

Using the es127 MFD or Voyageplanner software, it's extremely easy load/transfer waypoints for our favorite reefs spots.

In the Gulf of Mexico, there are stretches of live/natural/hard bottom that may extend for 10 or 15 miles in length.

What would be the best way to indicate this area on the MFD via a straight line (where I know natural bottom falls to the left and right)? Set up a route or track in voyageplanner and export to the MFD? I would prefer to avoid using a top waypoint and bottom waypoint, but I suppose if that is the best solution it will work.

Any advice or experience with this situation is greatly appreciated!

Sean
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-18, 02:33 PM
RE: [CA11] Waypoint/Route/Track question
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Sean,

Your suggestion to use a route and then display the route would indeed be the method which I would recommend to mark the area. This same advice is often provided to fishermen and others needing to mark the boundaries of a an exclusion zone. Should you know the width of the live natural bottom, then you may want to consider creating a rectangular shaped route where the routes first and last waypoints are the same waypoint. I would also recommend choosing a highly contrasting color for the route.
07-16-18, 03:27 PM
RE: [CA11] Waypoint/Route/Track question
You're welcome.