Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] P70 control head backlighting but not showing text of data
04-09-18, 09:43 PM (This post was last modified: 04-10-18 08:29 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] P70 control head backlighting but not showing text of data
Hello I have a p70 control head, that’s not functional, it lights up as to boot up (white screen) the raymarine logo doesn’t show up, after a few seconds I can press buttons and hear beeping, white screen (backlight)remains constantly , is there any sequence of bottons to push to do a hard reset to the display as I cannot view what screen/menus I’m in

I am able to manually power down the unit by pressing standby then repressing it for 3-5 second and turn the unit back on but that doesn’t help
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-10-18, 09:36 AM (This post was last modified: 04-10-18 01:57 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] P70 control head backlighting but not showing text of data
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum relentless,

Please note that the software of the p70/p70S Autopilot Control Heads does not support initiation of a Factory Reset through any sequence of button presses other than those required to traverse the autopilot control head's menu options to command a Factory Reset. In the case of the p70/p70S Autopilot Control Heads, sequence would be MENU->SYSTEM SET-UP (5 presses of the +1 button)->SELECT (MENU)->FACTORY RESET (5 presses of the +1 button)->SELECT (MENU)->YES (MENU).

It is recommended that the vessel be connected to shore power, that batteries be permitted to fully charge, and that each of the marine electronics power circuits be switched ON and that the system then be tested again while still connected to shore power. Should the problem persist thereafter, then it would be recommended that the autopilot control head be permitted to complete its startup initialization. After doing so, press and release the POWER button and then hold the -1 button pressed for 10 seconds. Should the autopilot control head's screen still not be satisfactorily illuminated, then it would be recommended that the autopilot control head be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply