Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Upgrade e127 to Axiom Pro - considerations
04-15-18, 10:38 AM (This post was last modified: 04-17-18 02:58 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Upgrade e127 to Axiom Pro - considerations
I am considering upgrading my existing e127 and e125 to Axiom Pro 12" MFd's. I have a couple of specific questions that I could use help with. I am basically trying to upgrade my sonar capabilities with RealVision, but keeping as much of my old system as possible.

Currently
e127 (Master) connected to HS5 Switch and to SeaTalk NG bus
e125 (slave) connected to HS5 Switch and to SeaTalk NG bus
HS5 Network Switch connected to e127, e125, RD2420, CP100, CP200
Bus SeaTalk NG connected to e127, e125, RS130, Yamaha Gateway
Radar RD2420 connected to HS5 Switch
CP100 DownVision connected to HS5 Switch
CP200 SideVision connected to HS5 Switch
Depth Transducer A80171 (P319) connected to e127
L3 Protec-M AIS connected to e125 NMEA 0183
KVH AutoComp 1000 connected to e127 NMEA 0183
iCom VHF connected to e127 NMEA 0183
GPS Receiver RS130 connected to SeaTalk NG Bus
Yamaha Gateway connected to SeaTalk NG Bus
FLIR M625L (analog) connected to video input e127 and e125
Deck Camera(analog) connected to video input e127 and e125

Am I correct by specifying an AXIOM PRO 12 RVX to replace the e127 and an AXIOM PRO 12 S to replace the e125? Using the RVX as the "master" and utilizing the RealVision from this MFD I hope to share RealVision data display to the S (slave) through a HS5 network switch.

Transducer selection: My current system is using a Raymarine A80171 (Airmar P319) for depth sounder and transom mount transducers on the CP100 and CP200. These transom xducers are problematic I want to use a through hull (aluminum hull). Is it better to use the single xducer or use a split pair (T70319) and keep the existing depth sounder? The P319 is in a flat area (0 degrees) along the centerline 12" wide. The adjacent hull area has a deadrise of 25 degrees. Will the split pair interfere with the P319 or vice versa? Does the split pair offer better resolution?

NMEA 0183 remains the same on the Axiom Pro and my Protec-M AIS, AutoComp 1000 and iCom VHF should be a straightforward connection. Correct?

SeaTalk NG remains the same on the Axiom Pro and my GPS receiver and Yamaha Engine Gateway should be a straightforward connection. Correct?

Video: Axiom Pro only has 1 analog video input but will support up to 10 ip cameras. I'll have to figure this out as I can maintain the FLIR but will have to modify the rear deck camera using a video switch or something.

Any advise or recommendations are greatly appreciated. Also, if there's something I've overlooked, please bring it to my attention. Thanks!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-17-18, 03:18 PM
RE: [CA] Upgrade e127 to Axiom Pro - considerations
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum John,

Q1. Am I correct by specifying an AXIOM PRO 12 RVX to replace the e127 and an AXIOM PRO 12 S to replace the e125? Using the RVX as the "master" and utilizing the RealVision from this MFD I hope to share RealVision data display to the S (slave) through a HS5 network switch.
A1. Indeed, this will work if a RealVision transducer(s) will be interfaced to the Axiom Pro RVX MFD.

Q2. My current system is using a Raymarine A80171 (Airmar P319) for depth sounder and transom mount transducers on the CP100 and CP200. These transom xducers are problematic I want to use a through hull (aluminum hull). Is it better to use the single xducer or use a split pair (T70319) and keep the existing depth transducer?
A2. At the time of this response, Raymarine only offered bronze versions of the RealVision thru-hull transducers. Bronze transducers are not recommended for use with aluminum hulls. Raymarine is currently in the process of developing plastic versions of the RealVision thru-hull transducers, but has not announced when they will be released for sale to the public. Regarding the currently installed version of the P319 transducer ... it is unfortunately not compatible with Axiom Pro RVX MFDs. Should this transducer have provided satisfactory performance when operating at planing speeds, then it would be recommended that it be replaced with the E66013 P319 transducer which may then be adapted to be mated to the 1kW Transducer socket of the Axiom Pro RVX MFD. Doing so should ensure continued bottom tracking performance when operating at planing speeds.

Q3. The adjacent hull area has a deadrise of 25 degrees. Will the split pair interfere with the P319 or vice versa? Does the split pair offer better resolution?
A3. These transducers should not interfere with one another as long as the transducers are not installed behind one another, as this may subject the after transducer to an aerated/turbulent flow of water across its face. The only reason why one would install a pair of tilted element RealVision Thru-hull Transducers would be if the hull would not provide a suitable location for a 0 degree RealVision Thru-hull Transducer.

Q4. SeaTalk NG remains the same on the Axiom Pro and my GPS receiver and Yamaha Engine Gateway should be a straightforward connection. Correct?
A4. Correct. Please note that the SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 port of the Axiom Pro MFDs feature a DeviceNet (M) socket. Raymarine offers the A06045 / 15.7in (0.4m) SeaTalkng Spur to DeviceNet (F) and A06075 / 39.4in (1.0m) SeaTalkng Spur to DeviceNet (F) Adapter Cables to permit these MFDs to be interfaced to a spur socket within a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone which has been constructed from SeaTalkng networking components.

Q5. Axiom Pro only has 1 analog video input but will support up to 10 ip cameras. I'll have to figure this out as I can maintain the FLIR but will have to modify the rear deck camera using a video switch or something.
A5. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how analog video from a deck camera may be encoded for use with the new MFDs.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply