Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Connecting to ev1, mfd, transponder
04-13-18, 04:04 AM (This post was last modified: 04-16-18 01:49 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Connecting to ev1, mfd, transponder
How do I connect the following together and what cabling and connectors are required :
- Quantum radar
- ev1
- axiom mfd
- digital yacht ait2000 ais transponder
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-13-18, 12:33 PM (This post was last modified: 04-16-18 01:51 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Connecting to ev1, mfd, transponder
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Ahelbig,

Q1. How do I connect the following together: Axiom MFD and Quantum radar?
A1. Quantum radomes may be interfaced to Axiom MFDs via Wi-Fi or via an appropriate length of Digital Radar Cable. Quantum Radomes are available with and without a wired communications interface.

Q2. How do I connect the following together: Axiom MFD, EV-1 CCU, and digital yacht ait2000 ais transponder?
A2. These items will each be interfaced as individual spurs to a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. The backbone will need to feature at least four spur sockets to accommodate interfacing the MFD, EV-1 CCU, AIT2000, and SeaTalkng Power Cable as individual spurs to the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. The EV-1 CCU will be interfaced to the SeaTalkng backbone via an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable. The MFD's Power/NMEA 2000 Cable and AIT2000's N2Net cable will each be interfaced to the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 Backbone via either an A06045 15.7in (0.4m) SeaTalkng Spur to DeviceNet (F) Adapter or an A06075 39.4in (1.0m) SeaTalkng Spur to DeviceNet (F) Adapter.
04-14-18, 08:40 AM (This post was last modified: 04-16-18 01:50 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi, thanks for the welcome and the answers. Makes sense. I have been supplied with two new starter kits, one from Actisense and one from Raymarine and been advised to connect as follows.
Connect the MFD, A IT 2000, and the power cable to the 4 port Actisense backbone.
Connect the EV1 to the Raymarine Sea talk Ng back bone.
Then connect the two backbones using the devicenet cable.
Would that work as well.?
Thanks in advance
04-16-18, 08:44 AM (This post was last modified: 04-16-18 01:50 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Ahelbig,

Q1. Then connect the two backbones using the devicenet cable.
A1. We typically recommend that the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone be constructed from a single manufacturer's NMEA 2000 networking components to maximize reliability of the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone and to simplify any future expansion of the system. However, should you elect to proceed with joining two backbones, then an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Backbone Cable would be used for this purpose. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how the two backbones may be joined using the SeaTalkng Backbone Cable. The backbone must be powered form a single switched 12VDC power circuit and the power insertion spur should be located at the approximate mid-point of the backbone's LEN load.
04-16-18, 04:46 PM
Thanks again for the advice. We will proceed with a single nmea backbone as the ST backbone only has 3 ports. We already have connected the Axiom mfd and the ais, as well as having the power connected.
Therefore only the ev1 remains. Am I correct in saying I can use a male devicenet adapter cable and then use a nmea spur cable to connect to the remaining port on the nmea backbone.
Could you confirm the part number for me please.
04-17-18, 08:58 AM
Ahelbig,

Q. Am I correct in saying I can use a male devicenet adapter cable and then use a nmea spur cable to connect to the remaining port on the nmea backbone.
Could you confirm the part number for me please.
A. Should you elect to go with a NMEA 2000 backbone which has been constructed from third party NMEA 2000 networking components, you will need to ensure that the backbone which has been constructed has sufficient spur socket's (T's) to permit each device having a SeaTalkng communications socket to be interfaced to the third party backbone. Depending upon whether the T's feature a DeviceNet (F) (most common) or DeviceNet (M) socket a SeaTalkng to DeviceNet Adapter Cable having the correct gender of DeviceNet plug will need to be purchased. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.