Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dual Depth finder. I'm Baack
04-13-18, 12:39 PM
Thumbs Up Dual Depth finder. I'm Baack
I posted last year about installing a second depth finder on my catamaran's other hull. Was ready to go for it after Chuck convinced me it should work, but some other problem($$) made me put on the back burner.

Back in business, looking about where I could put the sensor on the SBD hull, I found another one (kinda hidden) in it. Looks identical to the AIRMAR I have on PORT next to my AIRMAR speed/temp sensor. No other mark but the brand on top of it. The perfect location for it ???

If the PORT one failed, it would make sense to replace it in the same [censored], no?
So before I start dismantling my cockpit to assess which electric wire is in use, I got this 'Eureka'. Both sensors feed my ST60 tridata instrument and it figures which one shows the shallowest of my hulls. Right? Pretty Please.

Daniel, AKA Pepe Lepew
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-13-18, 01:29 PM
RE: Dual Depth finder. I'm Baack
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Daniel,

Q. If the PORT one failed, it would make sense to replace it in the same [censored]?
A. Yes. The transducer on the right side of the photo appears to be the speed/temp transducer supporting these functions for the Tridata instrument. The other transducer appears to be an E26030 D800/P17 Through-Hull Instrument Depth Transducer. Should the D800/P17 Through-Hull Instrument Depth Transducer, then it would be recommended that it be removed and replaced with the part number specified within this response ... if it will again be interfaced to an i60/ST60+/ST60/ST50+/ST50 Tridata display.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply