Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] iTC-5 as an interface to ST1 Displays
05-14-18, 04:55 PM
RE: [CA] iTC-5 as an interface to ST1 Displays
Hi Chuck,
I have this system mostly together now. I have my AIS receiver connected to the E80 Classic via the NMEA port (dedicated to just AIS). The E80 is connected to the STng backbone as is the i70s. THe AIS targets show up nicely on the E80 but they don't show up on the i70s (AIS display). The other information shows up on the i70s so I know its talking fine on the STng network. The i70s AIS display shows "AIS off".
Is there something I need to do to get the AIS data onto the i70s?
Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-18, 09:14 AM (This post was last modified: 10-15-18 09:13 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] iTC-5 as an interface to ST1 Displays
Brian,

Raymarine's MFDs are not designed to bridge AIS data to a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. Should it be desired for devices which will be interfaced to a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone to additionally view AIS data, then the AIS receiver / transceiver will additionally need to be interfaced to the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. Also, in order for i70/i70S MFIDs to display AIS data, the system must have acquired and be maintaining a GPS position FIX and the system must be interfaced to a source of heading data or the vessel must be underway or making way (provides COG / SOG data to the system).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply