Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] Axiom 7 with Rv-100 transducer.
04-18-18, 04:06 AM (This post was last modified: 04-18-18 11:59 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG] Axiom 7 with Rv-100 transducer.
Hi everyone, I write you from Turkey. First of all I am sorry for my bad English. I have some questions for you. Ä°f you reply with a simple language I will be very pleased. We bought a new boat and mounted it a new Axiom7 RV with RV-100 transducer. Transducer was mounted rear and bottom of the hull and right side of the propeller. As the Raymarines users manuals. Mounted by the dealer's service. I am using my device for 2 months and gone fishing 8-10 times. I liked it really. But I have some problems and don't know about that is they are can be done by settings or about mounting problems. I talked to my dealers but they couldn't help me. Even They don't know more from me.
First of all, maybe I am not right but; After I read this forum, I understood that; Axiom 7 RV is generally used in the rivers and lakes. Not for usefull in the deep seas and offshores. We fish at the sea at aproximately 250 feet (75 meters) deph. 3D sonar doesnt work properly at theese depths. Also, We have no chance to select traditional sonar/chirp sonar. Only chirp sonar without hi-med-low options. Only Hi chirp sonar. ( Ä°f I am false please correct me) Because of these facts, I realise that ; Axiom 7 RV is more usefull in the rivers and lakes. ( is really so ? ) Ä°s axiom 7 was a wrong selection for me?

Another subject is,
We fish by jigging. We used dragonfly 4 pro before Axiom 7. Everytime we saw our jigs on the sonar screen while the jig goes down and coming up. Also we saw the fishes we cathed when we pull them out of water. But now, we cant see any our jigs and fishes while jigs going down or coming up on the Axiom sonar screen. I honestly repeat that we saw all our jigs on the dragonfly 4 and other brand of sonars. Dragonfly 4 's transducer was a portable transducer located center of the hull. we carry it with us after we finihed fishing. Do you think it is about location of the transducer?

My second qouestion about sonar is;
When the rock appeared on the screen, where the hull will be located? I mean, I want to send my lures top of the rocks on the sonar screen. But transducer located rear of the hull and when the rock appeared, did I pass the rock ? (I wish I could explain what I mean :) )

my third question is about transducer mounting angle;

My RV-100 tranducer is positioned 90 degree to the hull. Ä°s it ok. What is the best angle to the hull.

Ä°f you reply I will be pleased. Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-19-18, 10:24 AM (This post was last modified: 04-19-18 10:27 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [DG] Axiom 7 with Rv-100 transducer.
Hi ystaspinar
Thank you for your enquiry.

I would first like to comment about the suggestion that the "RV only being applicable to Rivers and lakes", this is incorrect, the RV being widely used globally inshore and offshore.
You make the point that you are using the RV as “sea at aproximately 250 feet (75 meters) depth” - this is possibly reaching the limit of the 3D SONAR. Read this here for typicalperformance of sonar types.

Additionally there may be other factors in the sea area that is limiting the SONAR's functionality, such as water clarity, the type of seabed, aeration, coatings applied to the transducer face, water salinity, temperature and thermoclines. The link found here refers to dragonfly transducers, but many of the points hold true for RV transducers too.

Using the “High CHIRP” element should deliver a better depth range, have you tried this option?

Another option could be to fit something like a P66 transducer as well as the RV transducer, and then use a Y-Cable to join them. Then you’ll have the AIRMAR 50kHz/200kHz, and DownVision and RV3D to play with. (The y-cable will make the “high CHIRP” element redundant though)

Does the RV SONAR works well when stationary, but not at depth (this could then be a noise/aeration issue with the transducer), or do you get bad performance all the time?

The Jigging Question could well be position of the transducer, angle and possible aeration. The RV transducer and the Dragonfly Transducer practically have the same DV and High CHIRP elements, so should show the same info.

With regards to the question about the Rock – the rock will appear when the Transducer starts to go over it – not when the front of the hull goes over the rock. It is not a forward looking transducer. The beam width of the High CHIRP is about 25 degrees

Your “third question” regarding angle -this kind of relates to the vessel,, but the handbook suggests:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1796]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1795]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1797]

Thanks

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-20-18, 06:58 AM (This post was last modified: 04-20-18 07:55 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Dear Derek,
Thank you for your answers. I got some answers.

So, you asked; "Using the “High CHIRP” element should deliver a better depth range, have you tried this option?" İs it possible to choose "high-med-low chirp" from the menu of Axiom 7. As I read from users manual and forums, high chirp is the only option in the sonar module.

Another question of you; "Does the RV SONAR works well when stationary, but not at depth (this could then be a noise/aeration issue with the transducer), or do you get bad performance all the time?"
No. I think Sonar Works well. Shows the depth and surface shapes well. Also it shows the fishes in every depth. The problem is; we can't see the jigs going down and coming up. Probably the position of transducer causes this.

Last thing; Do you think a P66 transducer gives us more than rv-100 for the sonar. Ä°s it compatible with Lighthouse 3 MFD and will we see the 50-200 khz options from the sonar menu?

Best wishes.
Yavuz.
04-20-18, 08:32 AM
Hi ystaspinar

Thank you for your feedback,

The RV Transducer will only operate Hi Chirp, as well as downvision and Sidevision, there is no selection for medium or Low chirp in the AXIOM 7 RV. Hi Chirp is a conical beam more along the performance of a conventional sonar and will deliver better depth than the Downvision or 3D Realvision.

If the Sonar works well regardless of speed,then the downrigger issue will be the location of the transducer.

The P66 will also give greater depth - especially the 50kHz mode than the RV transducer, since it is using more power and operates in a conical sonar mode. You will be able to select this option in the AXIOM and can select the frequency too.

Regards
08-18-18, 04:29 AM
Hello again,

I just wonder that; is it possible using my Axiom 7 with a 1 KW transducer using a Y cable together Rv-100 and 1 KW transducer.

Thanks for answer :)
08-21-18, 07:42 AM
HI ystaspinar

No, your suggestion is not possible

However, one alternative combination is an AXIOM RV, this can connect to both RV100 transducer and a CP370 style 600W transducer through an adapter cable A80492.

It is not possible to use a 1kW transducer though.

regards
Derek
09-25-18, 03:19 AM (This post was last modified: 09-25-18 04:24 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hello dear administrators,

I have a Airmar P66 transducer 10 pins. I googled and coludn't find a suitibale Y cable for my Axiom 7 RV. All Y cables are 7-9 pins and they don't seem to fit to my P66. Can you please help me and recommend a Y cable.

Best regards
Yavuz

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

09-25-18, 04:36 AM
Hi ystaspinar

Thanks for the feedback,

I do not recognise this as a Raymarine Transducer? Do you have a part number for it?

Although it may be an Airmar transducer, the plug may be wired differently and so it would not work with a Raymarine product.

Please refer to this link for further details.

We suggest that the AXIOM RV be connected to an A80464 Transom mount transducer,
or use an E66054 transom mount P66 with an A80489 adapter cable

One final option is these two transducers can be used together with a Y cable A80492, note that the p66 will only output 600W

Regards
Derek
09-18-19, 02:26 PM
Hi dear Moderators,

According to your advice; I decided to mount a P66 transducer with a Y cable. In case of wrong order can you please check the links I added to basket from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0000AY2P...0DER&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0719497W...0DER&psc=1

Thanks for your advices, helps and co operate.
09-19-19, 06:33 AM
Dear Derek,
Yesterdat I asked some questions but from yesterday to today I read a lot on the forum and I am confused.

I have an Axiom 7 MFD with RV-100 transducer. And I want to buy a Raymarine Airmar P66 Transducer. ( E66054)

Which cable should I buy for using P66 and RV-100 both together?

A80491 Y-Cable or The A80492 Y-Cable

Your previous post on my topic tells me to use the A80492 Y Cable

But in another topic I found a post

(05-21-19 11:41 AM)Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum mannery,

The A80491 Y-Cable and A80492 Y-Cable are designed to permit an Axiom RV MFD to be simultaneously interfaced to a RV transducer / RV transducer pair and to a 50kHz/200kHz fishfinder transducer. The A80491 Y-Cable is designed for use with 600W fishfinder transducers which had been designed to be directly mated (i.e. no adapter cable) to the transducer socket of any of the following fishfinding products:
- ax7/cx7/e7D/ex7/eSx7 MFD; where x indicates screen size
- A50D/A57D/A70D MFD
- DSM25 fishfinder sounder module
- DS400X/DS500X/DS600X fishfinder
To view the compatible transducers, click here ... note the product ID listed for each transducer.

The A80492 Y-Cable is designed for use with 600W, 1kW, or 2kW fishfinder transducers which had been designed to be directly mated (i.e. no adapter cable) to the transducer socket of any of the following fishfinding products:
- CP370 fishfinder sounder module
- CP300 fishfinder sounder module
- DSM300 fishfinder sounder module
- DSM30 fishfinder sounder module
- DSM250 fishfinder sounder module
- L1250 fishfinder
- L760 fishfinder
- L755 fishfinder
To view the compatible transducers, click here ... note the product ID listed for each transducer.

The transducer name (ex. B319 B260, B744V, P66, P79, etc.) identifies a family of transducers rather than a single transducer, each of which is designed for a specific manufacturer and fishfinder or instrument product offered by that manufacturer. As such, the transducer's product ID(s) should be used in determining compatibility of the transducer with Raymarine's fishfinding products. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Accordingly, it would be necessary to know your P79 transducer's product ID in order to specify which Y-cable may be required.

Here where I am confused.

Another question is; Ä°f I buy a A80489 Adapter cable, can I use P66 single with Axiom 7 without RV-100 ducer? Which way is sense? Single ducer or double ducer. I sent 2 shopping links on previous post. Can you please draw me a path for best performance of my MFD.