Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(DG) HS-5 SeaTalk Network Switch
04-18-18, 08:36 PM (This post was last modified: 04-19-18 06:51 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
(DG) HS-5 SeaTalk Network Switch
Can anyone explain the difference between the HS-5 SeaTalk Network Switch and the SeaTalk HS Network Switch? I am looking to hook up a Radar and GPS antenna to my E120w. Can I use either one?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-19-18, 06:56 AM (This post was last modified: 04-19-18 07:13 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: (DG) HS-5 SeaTalk Network Switch
Hi Outcasts

Thank you for your enquiry.

The HS5 SeaTalk Network Switch is a 5 port network switch used as a hub for the RayNet system linking Raymarine MFDs, Sonar modules and Digital Radar, see this link here .
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1793]

The was an older version of the Network Switch, referred to as the SeaTalk hs Network switch see here .
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1794]

The principle difference being the earlier unit has 8 RJ45 style ports for networking the earlier products, whereas the HS% has 5 round RayNet connectors used on current products.

If your radar is digital then check the plug on the end of the cable and use the appropriate unit described above, there are also adapter cables available to change between RJ45 and RayNet

The GPS is likely NMEA0183 rather than SeaTalk hs and so will connect to the NMEA0183 connection on the E120W

Thanks

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply