Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Speed not working - DST800 / ITC-5
04-19-18, 09:21 AM (This post was last modified: 04-26-18 01:11 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Question [CA] Speed not working - DST800 / ITC-5
I have a two year old installation of a DST800V connected to an ITC-5 and thence to a STNG network with an es127, i70, AIS600. The speed display stopped working recently (displaying "--" and with a flashing light on the ITC-5 signifying speed transducer not installed). The depth is working fine. There are two STNG to ST converters (autopilot and ST60+ displays) and a STNG to NMEA0183 (position on SSB and VHF) on the network.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this to determine whether it is the transducer or the ITC-5 (and if there are any potential solutions or this means replacement a couple of months after warranty expiration)? If I could get True Wind to work off SOG I would not mind so much...

Many thanks,

Tim

Tim Goodyear
Mojito - Tayana 48
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-18, 01:10 PM (This post was last modified: 04-26-18 01:11 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Speed not working - DST800 / ITC-5
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Tim,

As you have suggested, the fault may be rooted within the speed transducer or within the iTC-5. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to test the speed transducer.
09-03-18, 07:04 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-18 12:58 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I am having the same problem. 2017 installation of ITC-5, i70s, e97 plotter, was using "old" depth and speed transducers, all working great for a year. Upgraded to DST-800 and immediately, symptoms as above. Is there any reason to suspect the ITC-5?
09-10-18, 12:07 PM
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum ESCAPEARTIST,

Please see the FAQ referenced within my prior response to this thread regarding how to test the DST800's speed sensor. Alternatively, should you still have the speed/temp insert from the replaced speed transducer, then you may want to consider connecting to the i70 MFID and then testing the system again while manually spinning the transducer's paddlewheel. Any Raymarine components which are suspected to have failed should be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.