Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updates for LightHouse charts that shipped with a78 MFD
04-05-16, 11:19 AM
Updates for LightHouse charts that shipped with a78 MFD
I just purchased an a78 MFD that came with LightHouse US Coastal Vector charts.

Do these charts that shipped with the MFD qualify for a year subscription for updates like other LightHouse charts do when you purchase them? Is there a way that I can register that I own these charts on the chart store and associate them with my Charts account?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-16, 02:07 PM
RE: Updates for LightHouse charts that shipped with a78 MFD
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum scoffer,

Unlike the LightHouse Charts purchased from Raymarine's LightHouse Chart Store, LightHouse Chart cards bundled with Raymarine MFDs include no free updates. That said, at the time of this response, the NOAA Vector US East Coast chart set and NOAA Vector US West Coast chart set could each be purchased from the LightHouse Charts Store for the nominal fee of $9.99 US. From a relative cost perspective, there is likely less cost in purchasing these LightHouse Charts than purchasing lunch for two at a local fast food restaurant.
04-05-16, 02:21 PM
OK, thanks for the info. I purchased the NOAA Great Lakes Vector maps and was able to fit them on the same card. Lake Michigan will probably be my only operating area anyways, but I figured I might as well update the packaged maps if there were updates for them anyways. Thanks for your help.
04-06-16, 09:04 AM
You're welcome.