Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Axiom 7 and Axiom 9 Setup
04-30-18, 08:39 AM (This post was last modified: 04-30-18 04:00 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Axiom 7 and Axiom 9 Setup
Hi Support,

I have added an Axiom 7 surfaced mounted to my boat and linking it with the Axiom 9. Currently I have an installed Nav card in the Axiom 9 and also have a newer Navionics card to be installed. My questions below:

1) On my existing Axiom 9 unit I have the old card with saved waypoints. What would the best practice be to move over to the new card?

2) Would it be better to keep my old card in the one unit and just install the new card in the Axiom 7 since they are linked?

3) Last, I'm going to upgrade the units once install is finished to the latest firmware. Do I need a memory card in each unit to do this?

Thank you for your assistance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-18, 03:46 PM
RE: [CA] Axiom 7 and Axiom 9 Setup
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Solo_Cam21,

Q1) On my existing Axiom 9 unit I have the old card with saved waypoints. What would the best practice be to move over to the new card?
A1) Please understand that waypoints, routes, and tracks are stored within the MFD's internal memory. Only upon commanding the MFD to export this data to the microSD memory card will a GPX file(s) containing this data be stored onto the chart card. Accordingly, should the MFD still have this data stored within its internal memory, then simply remove the old chart card from the MFD's memory card reader, insert the new chart card, and then command the MFD to export its waypoints, routes, and tracks to the new microSD memory card (i.e. chart card).

Q2) Would it be better to keep my old card in the one unit and just install the new card in the Axiom 7 since they are linked?
A2) No.

Q3) Last, I'm going to upgrade the units once install is finished to the latest firmware. Do I need a memory card in each unit to do this?
A3) Negative. If the MFDs have been interfaced to one another, then the MFD not having the software update memory card will be updated by the MFD having the software update memory card.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply