Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Marine Weather Alerts
05-06-18, 01:01 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-18 01:10 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Marine Weather Alerts
I have two ES127 MFD and a SR150 Sirus Marine receiver on you boat in Tamps, Florida.
The MFD is set up to receive marine warning in a 50 SM radius, BUT I still get weather warning messages of tornadoes in Kansas.
What Have I missed is the setting up of the unit?

Thank you for any input into this issue
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-07-18, 01:09 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-18 01:10 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Marine Weather Alerts
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Robert,

Please note that most such alerts are generated by the National Weather Center in Norman, Oklahoma and will indicate this as the originating site. Information within the alerts will identify the locations affected by the alerts. Early LightHouse software would produce alerts outside of the configured range. Should you have verified that an alert is being generated for a location outside of radius which you have configured, then it is recommended that you verify that your MFD's software been updated with LightHouse II v19.03 software or LightHouse 3 v3.4.66 software and if not, that the software within the MFD be updated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply