Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Upgrading MFD
05-07-18, 10:15 AM (This post was last modified: 05-09-18 03:03 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Upgrading MFD
I wanted to upgrade my electronics to include radar and a upgraded MFD. The boat is a 2008 Formula 400SS with a E120 MFD, a ST60+ display and Mercury Marine Vessel View. Without any planning I purchased and installed a RD418HD Radome. I am now at the stage of upgrading the MFD and looking for suggestions on compatibility.

The existing E120 had the following connections in use: Seatalk High Speed, Seatalk Alarm Out (6 pin male), Power (3 pin male).

Thanks in advance for your assistance!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-18, 03:08 PM
RE: [CA] Upgrading MFD
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jobe,

Will the vessel be used for fishing purposes? If so, please specify the maximum depth of water which will be fished. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing touchscreen interfaces vs HybridTouch interfaces. Based on the information within the referenced FAQ, which type of interface are you seeking for the new MFD?
05-11-18, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the welcome Chuck and thanks for the reply!

Will the vessel be used for fishing purposes? No

I could go with either the totally touch screen interface or the hybrid interface. My preference is which one is most compatible with the existing connections with the least modifications.

There is a gS125 and an eS127 in the refurbished listing. It appears that those are compatible with my existing setup. Is that correct?
05-11-18, 10:56 AM
Jobe,

The gS-Series feature a touchscreen-only interface (may be accessorized with a RMK-10 Remote Keypad) while the eS-Series MFDs have a HybridTouch interface. Either of these MFDs may be interfaced to or adapted for use with the Raymarine devices which you listed within your initial post. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how an E-Series Classic MFD may be replace with an eS-Series MFD or a gS-Series MFD.
05-15-18, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the information Chuck! I am going to work through the install over the next few weeks and will post an update on the results. Thanks again!!!